Controller beeping & blinking red

Reaction score
Just got drone. Did firmware upgrades. Had a little problem upgrading controller until I figured out to updated through controller. Controller blinks red & beeps till I move one of the sticks. After that seems to work fine. Have only did a few take offs & landings. Seems ok. Controller says firmware latest.

Just got drone. Did firmware upgrades. Had a little problem upgrading controller until I figured out to updated through controller. Controller blinks red & beeps till I move one of the sticks. After that seems to work fine. Have only did a few take offs & landings. Seems ok. Controller says firmware latest.
Are you asking why the beeps until you move the sticks? If so, some folks here have noted that it stopped happening for them once they did an RC calibration. I haven't had the issue personally, so I'm just repeating what I've read here. Good luck!

FYI - if you are interested, here are some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners:

Soon to be new owner phantom 3 advanced

Last edited:
Thanks. I have been doing a lot of reading. I will do a RC calibration. I went out done a few take offs and landings did great.

Controller blinks red & beeps till I move one of the sticks
That means the sticks are out of calibration. If needed, the following video explains how to calibrate the remote controller:

From my understanding, this happens when the bird hasn't flown for a long time. Long time can be days counting to two weeks or so. And more. For me I just got them to sync and carried with the normal. The bleep stopped.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks. I have been doing a lot of reading. I will do a RC calibration. I went out done a few take offs and landings did great.
You're welcome sir. Be careful to not forget the scroll wheels when you get around to doing the RC calibration. Folks have frequently overlooked the scroll wheels and the calibration doesn't complete.
Let us know the outcome if you don't mind. Cheers!

On start up, if I take my time, my RC will beep, beep, beep, until I just move a stick & tahen beeping stops.
I assumed this was just cause I took to long to fly?
or does it mean sticks want a calibration always?

I just watched the posted "how to calibrate your RC", I;ve never done this so, I guess it won't hurt to do an RC calibration, even though I have no issues other than I just posted above

Remote controller was beeping after startup until I would move a joystick.
Did the calibration.
That took care of the problem.

Thanks !

Yip it's in the book
1521752292384-1523844990.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member