Controller battery life!?

Reaction score
So I charge it up, and have about 3 or 4 flights, and I already have two lights and one blinking! I charge it @ 1 and 1 blinking, but it seems pretty fast discharge to me. I have about 2 flights a day, over 2 days. Thanks for the help!

So I charge it up, and have about 3 or 4 flights, and I already have two lights and one blinking! I charge it @ 1 and 1 blinking, but it seems pretty fast discharge to me. I have about 2 flights a day, over 2 days. Thanks for the help!
I agree, that seems too fast. I have never counted, but it feels like I get maybe 15 or more flights before I think about recharging the RC.

My wife and I were just remarking over the wonderful battery life in my P3P transmitter... It sounds like you are getting horrible battery life out of your transmitter. Did you buy used? from an authorized dealer? start by talking to technicians at DJI. If that is a dead end (no warranty) then we will come up with a mod or alternative- maybe you can put an aftermarket or replacement OEM battery in the place of the defective? That should be easiest and least time consuming mod.

Fyi
I get about 4 full batteries per LED on my transmitter. I have DBS mod and a 7.8" tablet and my P3P is used. The smart batteries have around 30-ish charges per. Does that help?

Its been my personal feeling that Best Buy does care and should make it right. Depending on your local customer service you may be able to swap for a new transmitter. Yours is definitely not working to spec.

Do you leave your tablet connected to your RC?
Yes, but its not connected. its just sitting on the holder. lol
Its been my personal feeling that Best Buy does care and should make it right. Depending on your local customer service you may be able to swap for a new transmitter. Yours is definitely not working to spec.
But will it cost anything?

Do you think I need to replace it, and will that cost anything? Thanks for the help!
How long have you had the drone for?
If it's within exchange period just go get a new drone. I bought mine from BB as well this past Friday (3 days ago) for that specific reason, they have no question asked return exchange policy and i never had an issue with them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NepenthesLucas
Do you think I need to replace it, and will that cost anything? Thanks for the help!
Yes, take the phantom in the original box with original receipt and accessories to Best Buy and tell them the transmitter is not working as intended. They should give you another remote. It shouldn't cost anything since you bought at Best Buy.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Funny. I just was talking to a tech rep and they said that's normal. What do you guys think because I want to make sure there is something wrong with it befor I return it. Thx for the help

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20