Controller battery life

Reaction score
I got my P4 back in March, a refurbished unit. I've never thought the controller life was exceptional, but it was plenty for what I needed. However, lately, I've noticed the battery life seems to be getting shorter. I was out tonight on a full fresh charge, and I was down to two solid lights on the controller after going through 3 batteries.

Assuming this is not normal, I suspect my only real option would be to open a case with DJI, but just wanted to see if anyone had any magic tricks before I spend some possibly ungodly amount of time waiting for DJI.

I have seen somewhere that the controller battery should be good for around three flights on a full charge.
I got my P4 back in March, a refurbished unit. I've never thought the controller life was exceptional, but it was plenty for what I needed. However, lately, I've noticed the battery life seems to be getting shorter. I was out tonight on a full fresh charge, and I was down to two solid lights on the controller after going through 3 batteries.

Assuming this is not normal, I suspect my only real option would be to open a case with DJI, but just wanted to see if anyone had any magic tricks before I spend some possibly ungodly amount of time waiting for DJI.
I have seen somewhere that the controller should be good for around three flights on a full charge.

I have seen somewhere that the controller battery should be good for around three flights on a full charge.

I have seen somewhere that the controller should be good for around three flights on a full charge.
You may have read that where someone was talking about the Mavic controller. The P4 controller will give 15+ flights on a full charge...people have had over 20 flights before needing to recharge.

So now I'm confused . . . I just turned my controller on again and I have 3 solid lights with the 4th flashing. Last night I had two solid lights . . .

Maybee I have the same problems,
Remote control 11805A-GL3001510 - charging problems: The Phantom 4 and RC is almost new but impossible to fully charge the RC, only two Led:s is indicating after charging. I asked DJI to send a new battery to the RC unit, I suppose it's a battery problem or else, are there maybee other possible reason, software upgrades or else. I suppose someone else have the same problem. DJI refuses to send a new battery to RC due to their service policy. They consider that there is too much intervention in the RC controller.
Have any of your tips what problems can be caused by and if it can be solved through other actions, or how to get a RC-battery?
Thanks

Bror Tingvall

I only have two batteries for the drone. I can fly both drone batteries down to 30% and the RC rarely goes down more than one notch. I recharge the RC when I do the drone batteries, but probably don't have to.

Some have said there is also some component on the board that gives up and needs to be changed too with the two-light matter of the RC battery.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic