Controller battery dead...?

Reaction score
Hi all, I am on holiday at the moment with my P3P. Used it in the U.K. Recently with no problem. Wanted to fly it today and went to turn the controller on. No lights come on even though (I think) it is charged. When I plug in the controller to the power supply I can turn it on and DJI go indicates 100% battery charge. As soon as I take the charging cable out, the controller dies on me. I guess a few questions:-
Any idea of why this would be? Could it be knackered battery cells in the controller? Any "bush fixes" anyone can recommend? If I found a power socket close to where I want to fly it, could I fly it with the controller plugged in to the mains supply or is this a daft / dangerous idea? I'm seriously gutted as I have flown half way around the world with my Phantom and can't use it.. ☹️️. Any ideas very welcome..! Thanks in advance. If i don't reply to a response quickly it is because I am in a very poor wifi area..!

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Sorry, one more question..! I think there is someone here who has a phantom 4. Could I borrow his controller..!

Have you thought about possibly using one of the portable battery rechargers for a cell phone? They have USB plugs and you could just attach your charging cable to it and the remote. Just a suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: gglass
There should not be a problem with power connected to your RC but it's a great risk as plug might get loosened during movements and there are chances your P4 will see RTH conditions.

Yes you can use P4 RC after linking with your P3

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

There is a reset the can be done on tx.

push the 2 back buttons And switches on control wheels at same time when powering up.

If you are on holiday outside the UK have you taken in to account the the difference in voltage? . We recently took a trip to Spain and our android tablets never reached full charge, same in Greece. John

Sent from my F3311 using PhantomPilots mobile app

If you are on holiday outside the UK have you taken in to account the the difference in voltage? . We recently took a trip to Spain and our android tablets never reached full charge, same in Greece. John

Sent from my F3311 using PhantomPilots mobile app

All the chargers are rated 110v to 240v so you will get full charge on the phantom and controller world wide.

Hi John, other things like GoPro are charging.. ☹️️. Seriously gutted, holiday of a lifetime in Maldives and I can't even switch the controller in unless plugged in to the mains..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers