Controller and Range Extender Bateries Get No Love?

Reaction score
Lots of posts about the care and feeding of the flight batteries but not much about the controller and range extender batteries. I'd be interested in how you charge those batteries and how you store them. Are they also lipo batteries? I fully charge mine before use and store them about 90% charge after each outing.

Last edited:
Extender battery is lipo and scroll wheel TX is lipo . I keep mine always at green light or rather fully charge when I come in
from flying but I fly everyday unless bad weather or waiting on parts from a crash .
Might should not do it that way but like you said have never seen anything on this .

Controller has Led's to give status. You can get many flights under your belt before having to recharge. Don't donit every flight and you'll extend its life. Same way with the wifi extender. The OSD five you the battery charge indication so you don't have to recharge until you start getting low. You don't want to have them fully charged and sit around for days on end without use either.
I haven't counted but I'm sure I get 8-10 full flights before I have to recharge. My controller stays on a lot to as I set up waypoint flying 50% of the time.
Lipo's in general do not like to be sitting at 100% charge nor stored that way. They also do not like to be discharged 100%. The recommended storage is at 50% and to use them to around 20% before recharging. DJI recommends for the quads battery to be discharged to 8% or until it can't be turned on one every 20 cycles. The fully recharge. This supposedly help level out the cells and extends the lipo's life. There is always a lot of controversy and discussion about this but they are the designers and engineers of this unit and I guess mother knows best.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1