Controller and phone not communicating

Reaction score
So I've been gone from the site for a while. Haven't flown the phantom for nearly a year. Got it out and charged it all up. Went to use the DJI GO app for the first time and the controller does not seem to be communicating at all with my iphone 6. Controller is GL300A. I've searched the web but haven't had any success in fixing it.

DJI GO only says "how to connect".

When I first tried it I had fill control of the P3P but no communication with the phone.

I tried installing the firmware via USB flashdrive onto the controller but it doesn't seem to do anything although the light on the flash drive does light up when plugged in.

Tried multiple cables and both my iphone 5 and iphone 6.

I've wiped my phone and reinstalled the DJI GO app several times. No luck.

I've tried to roll back the firmware of the controller via the app but when I go there it shows as not connected.

I'm running iOS 9.3.4. the P3P is on 1.09.0060 and I have no way of seeing what's on the controller.

Any ideas?

It seems as though the USB plug on the controller may have failed but it worked fine when put away. Really wanted to use the P3P over the weekend.

Also are there any recommendations for a cheap Android device that I could go buy to see if that makes a difference?

Can you remember what firmware version was on your controller when you last used it? To update to the latest version -(1.6 )- you first need to to update it to 1.3.2 using an sd card or a pen drive....after that you will be able to update it using wi-fi. You can't install versions later than 1.3.2 with a pen drive.

I can't remember and I have a different laptop than what I saved everything on. It's whatever was current as of June 2015. I tried 1.3.2 on a thumb drive but it didn't seem to want to do anything. Just bought an 8" acer tablet to try.

Pretty sure I'm not getting the firmware to update on the controller. Tried a couple different thumbdrives and no luck. trying to go to 1.3.2

Also are there any recommendations for a cheap Android device that I could go buy to see if that makes a difference?
Best Buy has a zte 812 that works well. It's for use on ATT, but I never even put a SIM card in it just use the wifi. Still keep it in the case even though I have an iPad. Paid $29 for it!

Best Buy has a zte 812 that works well. It's for use on ATT, but I never even put a SIM card in it just use the wifi. Still keep it in the case even though I have an iPad. Paid $29 for it!
I'll check that out, thanks.

Well, the ZTE didn't work. Seems as though the USB on the controller failed. I'll order a new module and see if it makes a difference.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic