controller 5v to amph need!

Reaction score
want to connect a signal amph inside ph2 controller and need 5v for powering it. possible to use the spare connektor inside controller? the amp takes 2w . want the amp to turn on when i power the controller. annyone?
scematic?

I think the best way to handle that is with a regulator... but I don't know if all that will fit inside a P2 controller...

Good luck

From what I've read, you need a BAC it a small chip they use to control voltage to motors and ESCs I think, but can also be used to get your input to what u want.

You may be referring to a BEC (battery eliminator circuit). But, yea it is basically a voltage regulator which lowers and maintains a constant voltage despite fluctuations in the current demand. Some may also refer to them as DC-DC converters.
There are generally two types: linear and switching with the latter being more efficient due to the way they operate.

This would work given room, etc., as others have mentioned but another concern is how much additional drain this puts on the battery.

You may be referring to a BEC (battery eliminator circuit). But, yea it is basically a voltage regulator which lowers and maintains a constant voltage despite fluctuations in the current demand. Some may also refer to them as DC-DC converters.
There are generally two types: linear and switching with the latter being more efficient due to the way they operate.

This would work given room, etc., as others have mentioned but another concern is how much additional drain this puts on the battery.
I'm in this same boat, except I would be the first to actually bird side an amp ( on a P4 afaik) to the HD downlink is where I want to put it. I have the excellent 3w Sunhans amp, it's small but not small enough, it's light but not that light, and it wants like 5V at 2 amps.
So is the battery draw from a BEC even going to be a thing, when we are talking about the draw from the amp on the main battery? Meaning, the amp is going to be the thing that would impact the battery, not the BEC, in what I know, which isn't much lol

Sounds like you got it right. Any increase in current draw will affect flight time. How much?? Don't know.
Then you have to factor additional weight as well. All these are working against you in regards to flight time.

Reactions: Sim597
The use its only 2w, about 0,4 amp. The controller for it self use 0,001 amp, so have to charge the controller often.

I'm sorry, this is for the controller? Oh, well then I'm out, sorry maybe the BEC will work but I didn't realize you wanted it in controller

I'm sorry, this is for the controller? Oh, well then I'm out, sorry maybe the BEC will work but I didn't realize you wanted it in controller

The BEC will work in either case so while we veered off-topic a bit, no harm, no foul.

Reactions: Sim597
Sounds like you got it right. Any increase in current draw will affect flight time. How much?? Don't know.
Then you have to factor additional weight as well. All these are working against you in regards to flight time.
True in what I was talking about. I don't know why OP wants to do it that way when it's so easy to just use a kit now, but he may be right about charging more often, well that's true of course, if he was pushing two amps it would be worse.
The Anker 13,400mah that has dual 5v @4amps out doesn't seem to be even bothered by pushing two, it's a solid sucker though, and probably way more powerful then the TX battery. I suppose he's looking for a clean install.
And we know from experience here that we all have our own agendas lol. And prisms and lenses for how we take in information and even low jabs and regular remarks.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik