Controler

Reaction score
Hi I have a p3p and it is said controler needs updating but the last time I did this it wouldn't connect to the drone

Thankyou. I have a friend that has the p4 and he said that never do any updates just leave what you have I'm new to flying and don't want to lose my drone

I have a friend that has the p4 and he said that never do any updates just leave what you have
I install all of the updates after they are known to be stable. All should go just fine with the update process if you do it properly.

Reactions: Johndrone123
If you start your DJI Go app and check the about section, you will see three versions:

RC
AC
App

I wanted to know at least FW versions of first two.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

RC: Remote Controller
AC: Aircraft, your drone
App: DJI Go app

When RC is connected to AC, start DJI Go app and click the ... symbol on the top right. Then go down on the opened page and click on the About >, it will show you all the versions.

I feel now that you got to learn a lot before you can even think of upgrading any FW. FW means firmware.

Better keep flying and don't go for upgrade now.

Iv taken pic

Attachments

• IMG_3225.PNG
    IMG_3225.PNG
    104.3 KB · Views: 225
I feel now that you got to learn a lot before you can even think of upgrading any FW. FW means firmware.

Better keep flying and don't go for upgrade now.
I'm not following. Folks should not upgrade their firmware if they don't know the ins and outs of flying? The two seem to be completely unrelated.

1.5.80 is the version
Welcome to the forum.

Since your RC has 1.5.8, it is on the older encryption. The encryption was updated with 1.6 for the RC at the same time 1.8 was released for the AC. If you go to 1.6 on your RC, it won't work with your AC unless you also update your AC to 1.8 or later.

It sounds like this is all a different language for you. If you make the choice to update, perhaps don't make the attempt right before an important event that you wanted to capture.

Though no FW is ever officially christened as "stable," most people have no issues if they follow the instructions carefully. It's true that we see many problems reported here on the forum, but this is where people come with problems. Outside of the forum there are hundreds of thousands of happy drone pilots.

Good luck with your decision and happy flying.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

Since your RC has 1.5.8, it is on the older encryption. The encryption was updated with 1.6 for the RC at the same time 1.8 was released for the AC. If you go to 1.6 on your RC, it won't work with your AC unless you also update your AC to 1.8 or later.

It sounds like this is all a different language for you. If you make the choice to update, perhaps don't make the attempt right before an important event that you wanted to capture.

Though no FW is ever officially christened as "stable," most people have no issues if they follow the instructions carefully. It's true that we see many problems reported here on the forum, but this is where people come with problems. Outside of the forum there are hundreds of thousands of happy drone pilots.

Good luck with your decision and happy flying.
Hi I have just looked and I have version 1.8.0 or 1.5.80 but when I did upgrade controller won't connect to drone so I put it back to 1.5.80 but keeps saying controler needs upgrade

I'm not following. Folks should not upgrade their firmware if they don't know the ins and outs of flying? The two seem to be completely unrelated.

Upgrading is not a problem but user should understand different FWs first. I felt he is too raw in understanding things so advised him to wait to upgrade. Let him enjoy flying for the moment. I know how many landed into trouble because of lack of understanding. My advice always would be to get max fruits of your investment thus move step by step, get more experience and go further deep into the topic.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl