Control Signal Lost

Reaction score
I went flying today and wanted to go straight up to get some footage of my grandparents property. Once I hit around 500 ft high the Vision App read "control signal lost" and the return to home feature kicked in. The wind knocked it off course a little as it was going down and at about 100 feet I toggled the S1 switch and was able to regain control and land safely. Why did this happen? My limits on height are 1200 so I didnt go passed my limits. I do not have the most recently released app on my iphone because like others the app kept crashing on me. I uninstalled it and reinstalled the previous version which I had backed up on my itunes. It just scared the ever living hell out of me.

My guess is antenna orientation. The tip of the Ant. is a deadzone so if you had your antenna 90 degrees from the ground as is most common then flying directly above yourself put the phantom directly in the signal deadzone. If you try again try twisting antenna 45 degrees left or right so that it runs parallel to transmitter (Tip of antenna pointed to your left or right instead of up)
Hope this makes sense. Good luck

Here's the optimal positions:

Attachments

• AntennaPosition.jpg
    AntennaPosition.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 565
great thanks guys. My antenna was straight out and my wifi is pointing straight up almost. I will keep that in mind next time. Im just glad I was able to take back over.

Perfect signal is when the long side of the antenna is parallel to the Phantom antenna.
Even when you try to direct the antenna correctly, straight up is always the trickiest orientation to maintain signal.
Go out and up and you'll find it is always easier.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic