Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Control Phantom v1.1.1 via PC?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iversens, Jan 22, 2014.

1. iversens

Is it possible to control/fly a Phantom using a transmitter attached to a PC?

I'd also like to know if anyone has figured out how to program the NAZA to fly and land at a specific GPS location. Basically, how to hardcode the "home" location so it uses auto-pilot to fly to a different location than where the Phantom was powered on?

I'm having fun with my new Phantom and looking to add non-conventional upgrades such as "grippers" to carry a ball.

Thanks.

2. OI Photography

DJI's DataLink (2.4GHz or 900MHz) is what you're looking for. It'll let you control the phantom from a PC (or iPad) via a dedicated radio link to the aircraft, and program waypoints (up to 16) on a visual map interface.

http://1uas.com/2-4Ghz-Bluetooth-Data-L ... _name=data link

Note: you'll need to add a PMU to the Phantom to be able to install the DataLink transmitter (it needs a canbus connection)

3. FatKevinSmith

Don't NAZA-M V2 equipped Phantoms (like the v1.1.1) include the independent PMU?

4. OI Photography

I didn't think they did but I could be wrong, I have a 1.2...if it's in the 1.1.1 already then it won't need to be added.

5. adam12hicks

No. I have a 1.1.1 and needed the PMU to add my ZenMuse Gimbal. Only the P2's have the PMU integration as far as I know. I decided on the upgrade board, which I MUCH prefer over using the GCU + PMU + rat's nest of wiring to retrofit. The upgrade board is so nice and clean... BUT it doesn't give the same CAN bus connectivity either, so that wouldn't help you here.