Control Phantom v1.1.1 via PC?

Reaction score
Is it possible to control/fly a Phantom using a transmitter attached to a PC?

I'd also like to know if anyone has figured out how to program the NAZA to fly and land at a specific GPS location. Basically, how to hardcode the "home" location so it uses auto-pilot to fly to a different location than where the Phantom was powered on?

I'm having fun with my new Phantom and looking to add non-conventional upgrades such as "grippers" to carry a ball.

Thanks.

DJI's DataLink (2.4GHz or 900MHz) is what you're looking for. It'll let you control the phantom from a PC (or iPad) via a dedicated radio link to the aircraft, and program waypoints (up to 16) on a visual map interface.

http://1uas.com/2-4Ghz-Bluetooth-Data-L ... _name=data link

Note: you'll need to add a PMU to the Phantom to be able to install the DataLink transmitter (it needs a canbus connection)

OI Photography said:
Note: you'll need to add a PMU to the Phantom to be able to install the DataLink transmitter (it needs a canbus connection)
Don't NAZA-M V2 equipped Phantoms (like the v1.1.1) include the independent PMU?

FatKevinSmith said:
OI Photography said:
Don't NAZA-M V2 equipped Phantoms (like the v1.1.1) include the independent PMU?

I didn't think they did but I could be wrong, I have a 1.2...if it's in the 1.1.1 already then it won't need to be added.

No. I have a 1.1.1 and needed the PMU to add my ZenMuse Gimbal. Only the P2's have the PMU integration as far as I know. I decided on the upgrade board, which I MUCH prefer over using the GCU + PMU + rat's nest of wiring to retrofit. The upgrade board is so nice and clean... BUT it doesn't give the same CAN bus connectivity either, so that wouldn't help you here.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie