Control Joysticks-"loose"????

Reaction score
I actually just posted is on a new subject but thought I might get an answer quicker this way.....

My very first blog question or post-on anything. Maybe someone out there can help. Love my Phantom Vision 2. Still very much an amateur but getting more comfortable every time. Question. Is it possible to "tighten up the joysticks". I often think that the joysticks on my controller are "loose" or "too sensitive". Kind of like a mouse on a computer, you are allowed to adjust the sensitivity of the mouse. I feel like I would have a little more control of the Phantom in flight if my joysticks could be adjusted? Any thoughts on this? Am I making sense? Probably don't have all the lingo down yet.

nintendrone64 said:
J Dot said:
Here is a video

http://youtu.be/CjV-1fRBNQk

Take care, fly safe!

NO. NO. NO.

DO NOT OPEN THE BACK OF YOUR CONTROLLER, YOU WILL MOST LIKELY FRY IT UNLESS YOU ARE AN RC TECHNICIAN.

This is a software adjustment that can be made from within the Assistant Software.
Send me a private message if you would like some more specifics.

WHY NO NO NO?
If the sticks are loose you can tighten them,
If it is a gain issue, you can go through assistant
To change gain settings! You WILL NOT FRY ANYTHING,
Opening the Tx, how do you think you upgrade Tx firmware,
Hint OPEN CONTROLLER to access mini USB port!
Unless you have the new vision with external port!
I did misread your post above, if the sticks are too LOOSE,
There are tensioners inside Tx, if they are too SENSATIVE, you must
Adjust this through PC ASSISTANT software.

He is correct about adjustments to gain through Assistant software,
But not about opening Tx!

Take care, Fly safe!

ya only way to tighten up the sticks is to open up the controller and adjust the tension screws and the springs on the sticks. There is no adjustment that can be done in the soft ware at all and not any thing that can cause some one to fry any thing in there transmitter by opening it up or doing any thing inside it esp if its not turned on or the batterys are not connected while doing any work on it. adjusting the tension screws is one of the easiest things that any one can do them selves regardless of any skill level or expertise in any thing electronic or even if they have no mechanical skills. Its just turning some screws. nothing more. you cant even screw it up. No matter how non mechanically inclined someone is.

I cant believe some one would even try to suggest such a fear mongering type thing unless they are just being completely sarcastic.

I don't think it is mongering per se, it's just the poster's fear and assuming others lack the skill or confidence to do new things as well.

Or all the labels on every thing thing telling people not to try and ever fix it them selves and all that other lawyer bla bla bla stuff.
or not to stick there hand or there ***** in a running lawn mower blade or snow blower.

nintendrone64 said:
J Dot said:
Here is a video

http://youtu.be/CjV-1fRBNQk

Take care, fly safe!

NO. NO. NO.

DO NOT OPEN THE BACK OF YOUR CONTROLLER, YOU WILL MOST LIKELY FRY IT UNLESS YOU ARE AN RC TECHNICIAN.

This is a software adjustment that can be made from within the Assistant Software.
Send me a private message if you would like some more specifics.

lmao, you have to open the controller for lots of different reasons. upgrading the firmware of it for one thing, only the latest Phantoms come with the external USB port.
dont be scared, just go for it.

lol I actually just the day after my post saying there is not to much to worry about by opening the transmitter. Was inside one for my phantom vision to hook up the usp plug to calibrate it. and then it was only flying about 800 feet before losing control signal.
So i opened the tx back up and seen I must of some how pinched the antenna wire in the case when putting it back together. and it damaged the outer conductor and trashed the stock antenna so Now I have to mod the controller to take a new antenna which I was planing to do any way at some point. But I guess I have to take my lumps for saying its hard to mess any thing up just by opening the controller. Woops.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers