Contour maps

Reaction score
Quick question - does the Phantom 3 App. have the capacity to record (and thus) printout, a Contour Map of the area flight has taken?

Quick question - does the Phantom 3 App. have the capacity to record (and thus) printout, a Contour Map of the area flight has taken?
The app will record the path of the Phantom for a flight.
It records the position every 1/10th of a second in 3 dimensions and you can pull that into Google earth and see heights etc.
But the Phantom doesn't do contours.

The Phantom records (3D) but doesn't process? So GE does the processing?

yes and no. you can make detailed contour maps by taking photos of the area at different gimbal angles and altitudes and then crank them into software. Less detailed ones can be made by simple fly overs and fly back.

It takes forever for the software I use to match, model and output a 3d map, but cool as heck. Just seach "3d maps with aeral photos" in google, a couple of commercial packages and lots of free stuff. I use the free stuff.

There are 3rd party apps that will allow you to use photos to create 3d maps of the ground. I don't know of any that just do contours.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20