Contoller battery failed question

Reaction score
Hello guys,

This maybe sound stupid, but I'm going ask. I searched and can't find it.
So, what happen if you are flying and your remote controller failed? Dead battery, no more juice?

Or what if you have one dot left on the remote while flying? Does that auto RTH? I appreciated for the help.

Ken

I believe the answer is that the craft will fly independent from the remote and will use smart RTH after a few seconds of seeing no remote signal. I'm basing this answer on having my craft RTH on more than one occasion after losing the remote signal, though that wasn't for a low battery.

You can simply power off the remote during a flight to test this. If the craft is only a few feet from you and a few feet off the ground, it should just land without going up to a certain altitude and moving to home point.

I've never run the remote down so long to see if the Go app gives a low battery warning.

Reactions: Dounin Front
rth will kick in try it fly out shut off remote bird will go into rth

I believe the answer is that the craft will fly independent from the remote and will use smart RTH after a few seconds of seeing no remote signal
Right. But, it goes into "failsafe" RTH.

Oh ok i feel better now. I thought it will different from the Standard. Thank you all for the help.

The important thing to do when fairly new and unsure of anything is to test it yourself. Find yourself a big open space away from distractions, and try out the various scenarios. Beware that RTH will act differently if the aircraft is within 20m of the home point, so test both scenarios. You could try getting out to 30m (100') away and turning off the remote. Then try the same test at 15m (50') and see the difference.

The best thing is personal experience and learning to recognise what is happening when it does. When fairly new (and we were all there once) it is remarkably easy to panic and to do the wrong thing. It is much easier (if possible) to stop, think about what is happening, and react accordingly.

The P3 range are remarkably reliable and are not prone to the flyaways that the P1 range was often criticised for. As long as the home point has been set, and you check that it is in the right place on the map, you'll be grand.

But get out there and test out the various scenarios for yourself.

All great advice. The controller's battery last quite awhile and does not run down quickly. You should never be flying with only one light anyway, but it is reassuring that your bird should come home under most circumstances.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

The important thing to do when fairly new and unsure of anything is to test it yourself. Find yourself a big open space away from distractions, and try out the various scenarios. Beware that RTH will act differently if the aircraft is within 20m of the home point, so test both scenarios. You could try getting out to 30m (100') away and turning off the remote. Then try the same test at 15m (50') and see the difference.

The best thing is personal experience and learning to recognise what is happening when it does. When fairly new (and we were all there once) it is remarkably easy to panic and to do the wrong thing. It is much easier (if possible) to stop, think about what is happening, and react accordingly.

The P3 range are remarkably reliable and are not prone to the flyaways that the P1 range was often criticised for. As long as the home point has been set, and you check that it is in the right place on the map, you'll be grand.

But get out there and test out the various scenarios for yourself.

Thank you very much

All great advice. The controller's battery last quite awhile and does not run down quickly. You should never be flying with only one light anyway, but it is reassuring that your bird should come home under most circumstances.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Thank you 888 bro

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik