Continued video breakup

Reaction score
Since this latest revision 4.1.0 and the prior I am having terrible video feed issues.

iPad mini 4 running 10.3.2. No other apps running. Cell off. Tons of space on the drive (only use it for flying).

Tried both 5 and 2.4. Checked antenna alignment.

Horrible black and green display on the feed.

I had to switch to a 4 from the 2 because the 2 choked. Had a good solid 2 months of flying before the issue returned.

Tried the iPhone 7 plus and had zero issues on any band.

My theory: DJI is changing the video feed thruput and upping the bitrate. If I manually override the settings and choose a channel and a bitrate of say 6Mbs, the problem disappears.

Is anyone else with a mini 4 and the P4P and this latest app version experiencing this as well?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
So I did some digging. I guess there used to be a switch for hardware decoding. In my app it's missing. Did they remove that feature?

0a095bcca5fe98bf9e907862ccea8b89.jpg

My iPad 4mini is doing the exact same thing. I have both 128GB, cellular service and wifi on the pad. HELP!

So there is a work around. Change the settings from auto to manual. Pick a channel and set your bitrate lower. That seems to temporarily fix it. Although since my iPad hasn't changed and the DJI GO app has, I'm likely thinking that the they've changed the bitrate settings to a higher value when in auto.

I am using a iPad Pro 9.7", 128GB with my Phantom 4 Pro. Yesterday was the first time that I flew with DJI Go 4.1.0. I also experienced similar video break-up at under 500' feet out as raved posted Delighted I back-up the iPad first. If this continues and I am unable to come up with a solution I am going to be restoring the iPad with that back-up.

Don Barar

I am using a iPad Pro 9.7", 128GB with my Phantom 4 Pro. Yesterday was the first time that I flew with DJI Go 4.1.0. I also experienced similar video break-up at under 500' feet out as raved posted Delighted I back-up the iPad first. If this continues and I am unable to come up with a solution I am going to be restoring the iPad with that back-up.

Don Barar

Did you see my work around above?

Hi R,

I did. Looks like Auto sets the video feed rate to 10 MBS. I changed it back to 4 MBS and it worked fine.

But this experience is making me wonder about the following. I also get occasional video break-ups when using Litchi (before the DJI Go update). However, I do not see a way to change the video feed rate in the Litchi app.

I wonder what Litchi does to the video feed rate?

Don

Glad it worked (for now). Unfortunately I have no experience with the Litchi app.

Glad it worked (for now). Unfortunately I have no experience with the Litchi app.
That's Ok. This has been a good learning experience and makes me think about DJI Go and third party applications. Clearly, DJI Go is a necessary application because there are certain things you can do in the GO app, e.g. calibrate the IMU, that can not be done in Litchi. I am curious as to what other settings from DJI Go persist when changing to a third party applications.

Don Barar

That's a good question. And I wish someone would compile a list of settings that remain on the AC and ones local to the app.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic