Contacted by FAA !

Yesterday I received a message on Facebook from someone claiming to be from the FAA. Looking at his profile it seems legit and he actually wants me to call him at his office. He says my videos concern him and there is an allegation of me flying commercially which I have not done. He wants my name and my FAA registration number and to discuss this. I don't mind discussing this with him but I do not feel comfortable just giving him my information especially when I have not done anything wrong. I have no idea what could be concerning in my videos either. Should I call the guy or does this sound like something I should avoid? It seems like a strange way for the FAA to conduct business in my opinion. But I guess he doesn't know who I am so this is the only way they can contact me.
Don't believe for a minute that the FAA is here to help you.... As I said to the other gentleman... they were just "fishing".... to see what they could find. NEVER give out any information..... if they want you, let them find you.
I completely agree. Dealt with the FAA for DECADES as an avionics supplier and manufacturer. Generally when flight safety is a concern, they are pretty professional, but the little Napoleans sneak through and are pushed off to less important tasks where they can not do much damage

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31