Contact between Prop and Body/Shell

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently purchased a vision+ and after a few test flights, noticed there is a contact of one prop with the body/shell of the quad. This causes the quad to lose height, make noise and resulted into a damaged prop. Any solutions? thanks.

Please find some pictures attached. I crashed into a tree on my first flight :roll:

The arm is cracked and a prop broke at the edges and i replaced with another. Both props are originals that came with the shipment. The replacement is touching the shell. Also, the receiving the dreaded gimbal error.

Kindly advise on solutions. thanks.

Attachments

• photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    545.1 KB · Views: 856
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    524.4 KB · Views: 814
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    286.9 KB · Views: 824
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    278 KB · Views: 783
Kindly see below a highlighted picture of the crack in the arm:

I cant wait to fly to again, please help a brother

Attachments

• photo 1 arm crack.jpg
    photo 1 arm crack.jpg
    483.7 KB · Views: 913
You are going to have to replace the shell. You can try to bend it back into place but normal flight(s) won't be optimal. The shell is $60 (US) and it's roughly an hour of work transfering all parts.

seacrawler said:
Please find some pictures attached. I crashed into a tree on my first flight :roll:

The arm is cracked and a prop broke at the edges and i replaced with another. Both props are originals that came with the shipment. The replacement is touching the shell. Also, the receiving the dreaded gimbal error.

Did you crash this Phantom or did you buy it used?

I bought it new directly from DJI.

slothead said:
seacrawler said:

Did you crash this Phantom or did you buy it used?

thanks, where can I buy the shell? DJI does not have it on their online store.

EMCSQUAR said:
You are going to have to replace the shell. You can try to bend it back into place but normal flight(s) won't be optimal. The shell is $60 (US) and it's roughly an hour of work transfering all parts.

seacrawler said:
Kindly see below a highlighted picture of the crack in the arm:

I cant wait to fly to again, please help a brother

You can see clearly that the arm is bent & the motor is leaning toward the centre of the Phantom. If top & bottom shell is cracked you need a whole new shell. The prop/s is badly damaged, I would not use that again, in fact replace all 4 props.
The error message on app probably an indication the camera and/or gimbal are stuffed too...

Use a hair dryer and heat up the area on all sides where the crimp is. Then use a towel and grab the end of the arm and apply pressure downward to straigten out the end. It may take several attempts to do this be patient and youll be fine. As for the gimbal issue there are threads on here explainging how to correct at least temp, the issue with your camera...once you get it back in the air go slow and make sure your didnt damage anything else....good luck

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20