Constructive Criticism Please

Please remember that videos belong in the video section. Thanks. ;)
I'll move this for you.

Comments on my newest video would be great appreciated. Positive ones along with constructive critiques.
You have a lot of good footage in your video that can be better produced. Also, you have two videos and it would be better to split them. Three and a half minutes for an average video are about right. You need an extraordinary production to go for nearly ten minutes.

Avoid shooting into the Sun unless your whole production will be filled with highly contrasting images. Notice how when you shoot away from the Sun the images are bright and expressive. Your video should have one or the other quality, but not both.

The people in the video may mean something to you, but either the video is about family and friends, or it is about the beautiful landscape, you did not succeed in tying those themes together.

Those marsh scenes are really good and could make a video by themselves. The same with the coastal scenes. You have many nice, smooth camera movements. Think of the camera movements as elements of a video, don't let them become random and incidental. Produce the shots with a feeling of movement that you want to convey to your audience. That is the real power of the drone, to take your viewer on a journey through the air.

Balance the camera movements with a velocity theme and an altitude theme. Either the velocity and altitude should be constant through the production, or they should change as one continuous movement. For example, you could film the first scene at speed x, the next scene at speed 1.5x, then 2x, and 2.5x, then maintain velocity until gradually slowing down in reverse order. The same goes with altitude changes.

Even though the scenes might change, the elements are consistent. This is what turns an amateur video into a professional video.

Thank you for the replies thus far, I will definitely put them to good use. As for the question on the blur in the beginning. This is a aesthetic property that I personally thought went along with the music to create a cool effect. I understand that it's not liked by everyone but it's something I personally enjoyed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav