Constant loss of signal with PV+

Reaction score
I did the update to my vision plus yesterday. I also updated the app on my iphone 6. now It keeps going in and out of signal, at a distance of 30 feet. is this a common issue with anyone?

I don't have a fix for you but I too have recently been going through the same.

1 year old PV2+ that was operating seamlessly has just recently been disconnecting the wifi randomly. I use an iphone 4S but I also have an iphone 5S I also use. "Phantom connection broken" is what I typically get at random. I thought it might have been wifi interference but it makes no difference whether I am in a heavily populated area or in the country miles away from anyone.

In an attempt to resolve the issue I upgraded with a stage 2 kit for controller and wifi but STILL, I keep losing signal. Controller doesn't seem to have connection issues, just the wifi. At first I blamed the iphone but when the same thing happened regardless of which phone I was using I felt that it was more a transmitter issue than a phone issue.

IN FLIGHT if this happens I have learned that shutting the phone off and restarting again will reestablish a connection but what a pain in the *** to do while wondering where your drone went. I have started looking around at discussion boards but haven't come across any solid leads yet.

Does anyone know the answer?

Ok, I've done enough trials now to say this:

Change the startup order :eek:

Launch the app first, then turn on the Tx, then range extender, then the drone. Let it get 6 sats and away you go.
Not one single problem or connection drop since I've done it this way, not one.
Go figure !

I recently had the same problem. From other posts, I read that the most recent app version resets your preview quality to the highest setting but video seems to not function well at this setting. Manually resetting preview to a lower setting is said to resolve the problem. I reset and tested today, out to 500 meters, with no problem. I don't yet know if today's good flight was a random success or a lasting solution so offer this as a tentative solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1