Constant Interference Warning

Reaction score
Hey all,

So I've been flying my P3S for a bit now (couple of weeks but i fly daily (BECAUSE I LOVE IT)) and I noticed that even in completely open fields I get the "Warning Strong Interference Detected! Take care flying long distances" caution. I've switched locations multiple times and the same occurs.

Now, obviously based on these warnings I haven't really flown further than say, 80m away from starting point. But my signal is always fine even when flying at the 100m height (as I would/should expect it to?).

So my question is, whatsup with it and should I be worried/what can I do?

Thanks

Tymon

Do you carry a phone with wifi turned on in your pocket?

Hi,

Yes I get the same message all of the time. I've started to ignore it and it doesn't seem to affect my range, which is currently about 350m

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Reactions: katboy600
I'm getting strong interference messages constantly when I use the iPad Air. None when I use my Motorola X Pure. Anyone else have this issue using an iPad?

I'm getting strong interference messages constantly when I use the iPad Air. None when I use my Motorola X Pure. Anyone else have this issue using an iPad?

I have noticed that I don't get the interference messages when I use my android products (i.e. Samsung S6/S7) but do when I use my Apple products (i.e. iPhone 7). But this doesn't seem to impact my range and I get standard video feed. So like others, I'd ignore it unless you're loosing signal.

I have noticed that I don't get the interference messages when I use my android products (i.e. Samsung S6/S7) but do when I use my Apple products (i.e. iPhone 7). But this doesn't seem to impact my range and I get standard video feed. So like others, I'd ignore it unless you're loosing signal.
Using Crapples, turn on airplane mode, then turn on WiFi.

I have never seen @Meta4 give bad advice...
Strong Interference Detected: Risky?

Search Results for Query: Strong Interference Detected | DJI Phantom Drone Forum

Rod

Last edited:
Do you carry a phone with wifi turned on in your pocket?

Thank you for this quick reference, I was having the same problem until I saw this post. Made sure to turn off the WiFi on the cellphone and no more interference during the draining of 3 batteries. Thanks again.

Hi,

Yes I get the same message all of the time. I've started to ignore it and it doesn't seem to affect my range, which is currently about 350m

Thank you! I really didn't want to start a new thread on this but none of the existing threads seemed to indicate actual distances. Like others, I upgraded my firmware to 1.8 and get the message, which very vaguely says to be careful flying "long distances." What do they consider long distances? If you're flying out 350m without issue, then that makes me feel much more comfortable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31