Constant grinding and violent Gimbal

I had some gimbal noise before the last gimbal update. I would probably do the following steps in hopes that it would help.

Set quad on a VERY level table hooking up to Phantom Assistant.

Set gimbal gain down to 2-5 to slow it down. Set gimbal horizontal at -5 and put vertical at 0.

Run FULL IMU calibration. Power off and unhook USB cable. Turn back on to see if problem still exists.

If so hook back to Phantom Assistant and go to update page. Check to make sure gimbal has latest firmware. If so click on the current firmware for the gimbal which will cause it to be reloaded. It might have been a bad firmware flash which needs to be reloaded.

I would probably do another FULL IMU calibration after re-flashing. Power off unplug USB and then power up again.

If that does not help I'm not sure what the next step would be other than repair or replacement.

Could you video with less zoom, I'm curious of setup with dangling antennas and lack of landing gear on one side. Plus the landing gear i do see is across back? It makes it look like your gimbal is mounted facing sideways? Are black legs mounted to P2 or just part of a stand?

Hi Damon ! thanks for all your advice . I will give it a go. I reversed my landing gear to the back only. Reason being I'm tired of the landing gear getting in my shots, I launch and take off by hand. I live in a very hilly windy world full of water and I find landings can be very difficult at times without damaging my props.

Attachments

• 20140921_152715.jpg
    20140921_152715.jpg
    562.7 KB · Views: 503
Thanks for the photo. I now understand what I was looking at. ;)

Has it been flying well with that set up? I would think that would be confusing the hell out of the quad with IMU and GPS facing one way since it looks like the compass is facing sideways....

I run a filter once and a while on bright sunny days. Have you been using it a lot? If so have you placed any counter balance on it? I have often worried about its additional weight and if it can damage the gimbal motors making it work to much. Not saying its the cause, just another factor.

Hi .ND filter only used twice... Yes I do have a counter balance set up . it was very bright that day also. :) I have had no issues with performance...flying fine!
Gimbals brain is scrambled

Sorry to hear that :(

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1