Constant Crash on software

Reaction score
Hi,

I have today purchased a Phantom 4 pro plus and I am really disappointed.
This is my first drone. I connected everything up and created an account them tried to update firmware from the DJI Go 4 app. The update downloaded over wifi them the problem started. I connected the remote to drone then when it tries to update itself I get the message `unfortunately DJI Go 4 has stopped'.
This then continues no matter what I do. I tried to factory reset all data through the settings and now it's even worse. I get the same error and then a black screen I cannot go any further.
I am going to return this to Currys. I have spent nearly £1800 for an unusable piece if equipment that quite frankly I think is terrible.
If before I go and get a refund does anyone know a fix?
I am no computer wizard and thought this was a ready to fly drone.
Clearly not...

Technical support online was a waste of time and could not seem to help. He was asking do I have special characters in my username. Lol

Sorry Gents but I feel really let down and peed off.

Hi,

I have today purchased a Phantom 4 pro plus and I am really disappointed.
This is my first drone. I connected everything up and created an account them tried to update firmware from the DJI Go 4 app. The update downloaded over wifi them the problem started. I connected the remote to drone then when it tries to update itself I get the message `unfortunately DJI Go 4 has stopped'.
This then continues no matter what I do. I tried to factory reset all data through the settings and now it's even worse. I get the same error and then a black screen I cannot go any further.
I am going to return this to Currys. I have spent nearly £1800 for an unusable piece if equipment that quite frankly I think is terrible.
If before I go and get a refund does anyone know a fix?
I am no computer wizard and thought this was a ready to fly drone.
Clearly not...

Technical support online was a waste of time and could not seem to help. He was asking do I have special characters in my username. Lol

Sorry Gents but I feel really let down and peed off.

never mind I see its the built in unit

Thanks for the kind words. How can the device not be powerful enough when it is built in to the device?
Its the Pro Plus so the screen is hard wired to the controller.
The device is in the title P4 Pro Plus.

I just think the experience for me personally has not been good.
It seems others have similar issue on looking around other forums.

Does not appear to be a fix.

If anyone is interested I got told by online support to return it to store for a replacement.
Let's see how if the next one is any better.

Quite poor for an expensive piece of kit to have issues like this.

Reactions: Chappy
I think I read somewhere that a problem with the sd card in the controller could cause this. Try removing the sd card from the controller, if there is one installed.

I think I read somewhere that a problem with the sd card in the controller could cause this. Try removing the sd card from the controller, if there is one installed.
Hi the sd card was in the phantom and not the controller. Thanks anyway

UPDATE.. I decided to return the DJI Phantom 4 pro plus for a full refund. I can't afford to have an unstable nearly 2k drone with software and firmware issues along with certain incompatibility issues with a whole host of smartphones. I really wanted it to work out, however in reflection I feel I made the correct choice, as I don't want to be spending hours each week just to get this Drone to work. Once I am 99 percent sure the bugs have been sorted out, then I will consider a DJI again. It might have been nice for DJI to at least acknowledge issues. Also I know some of you are DJI Drone fanatics, however please look at it from my point of view :)

This is a very unpleasant situation I understand you I also would be disappointed. But I think you should ask the online store where you've bought a drone to replace it.

Hi mate, I am now thinking of the Mavic instead as the experience might be better. Also I understand that they are a bit easier to fly. What with this being my first drone I might be best with that.
The first one P4 Pro Plus didn't get that much of the packet due to constant crashing of the software. The video seems quite good on mavic but can't quite decide what to do to be honest.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31