Constant blinking yellow lights

Reaction score
Hi guys...Hope someone can help!
Got my Phantom a few days ago. Everything was working fine and I decided to enable IOC.
Downloaded Naza Assistant software, connected Phantom.....it told me to upgrade firmware
Clicked the upgrade button...everything seemed to be going fine......then transmitter and phantom began to beep.
Turned everything off and tried to start the Phantom up outside, and all I can get is a constant blinking yellow LED
Thought that the transmitter needed to be paired with the receiver so referred to the advanced manual which told me to remove the housing and locate the receiver module which should have a LED and link button.
Although I can locate the module (I think) it doesnt have a LED or button
Ive calibrated the transmitter which hasnt made any difference.
When I open the Naza software, nothing happens when I move the transmitter paddles.
I also downloaded and imported parameters, and restored default settings
Can anyone help before I go completely bonkers

You may have a newer model, I think I remember reading the "bind" button your looking for has been moved so its accessible from the battery door, try looking under the PCB and see if there is anything there.

Yep, you're right...I found the bind button and red LED
Pressed and held it for a few seconds until the LED started blinking, but it didnt seem to help.
Still have the blinking yellow LEDs
Maybe I have to recalibrate the transmitter?

Well, things have taken a turn for the worse.
I decided to put the cover back on (after I found I didnt have to take it off in the first place)

I reconnected the battery and to my horror a zapping sound happened and smoke started coming out of the Phantom.

On taking the cover off again I found that I had pinched a pair of wires going to one of the motors

Is this a terminal event? What can I do?

Attachments

• Phantom.jpg
    Phantom.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 1,127
I have the same problem. I purchase it 3 days ago and it worked perfectly. Last night I decided to install the assistant software update the phantom. after running the update I received an error message saying the GPS needed to be recalibrated. I brought the phantom outside to recalibrate the GPS and I receive constant yellow blinking lights as if the failsafe was on. I've calibrated the transmitterand that didn't seem to help. it appears that the transmitter is still bound to the phantom because when I turn the transmitter on and off the red light on the receiver goes off and on. I'm wishing I would have just left it alone

I had the constant blinking yellow on my F550 today. Do a battery calibration. It also might be set to a 4S or something like that.

The grey and red wire that you pinched is the aux power cable. You should de-solder it and then solder on a new set of leads if you are going to use the aux power. Other wise desolder the wire and then use liquid electrical tape on the leads.

Thanks...I disconnected the wires without a problem
I also found out what my original problem was.
In the update process the transmitter type was changed - I just changed it to D-Bus and the software recognised it.
I then had to bind the transmitter and controller and recalibrate the compass and the Phantom started up.
It did however seem to want to go to the left all the time....but I guess that is another problem.

Thanks for the tip TassieJon. This seems to be a common problem with the firmware upgrade. I was experiencing the same blinking yellow, followed your tips and I'm back up and running ok.

Cheers

I just got my Phantom and have been struggling with the exact same yellow blinking lights issue. I followed TassieJons suggestion and changed the transmitter type from PPM to D-bus and now my software and Phantom recognize my controller. I also did the compass calibration process and everything seems to be set correctly, except that I still can't start the motors.
I noticed in the DJI software video that his transmitter type is PPM, so I am wondering why mine needs to be D-sub??? And most importantly, why won't it start?
I should also mention that mine is the newest model and has the link button inside the battery compartment.
Thanks for the help.
Troy

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1