Constant Beeping - No Firmware Update

Reaction score
hey guys, I replaced the shell of my drone. Everything went smooth, but when I turned it back on there was this constant beeping with red light on the front of the gimbal. Been at it for about 10 minutes now.

Could it be I didn't connect something properly?

I am connected to my remote, but it won't let me fire of the motors.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

That sounds kind of like a issue with a ESC. Is any lights on the arms lighting up?

That sounds kind of like a issue with a ESC. Is any lights on the arms lighting up?

I'm sorry to be ignorant, but I don't know what ESC is.

I did figure this out. When this one wire is unplugged, it does not beep.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 281
I'm sorry to be ignorant, but I don't know what ESC is.

I did figure this out. When this one wire is unplugged, it does not beep.
That's the compass data cable. Try calibrating the compass. Did you replace the landing gear as well? The compass comes with new landing gear however not with the shell kit.

That's the compass data cable. Try calibrating the compass. Did you replace the landing gear as well? The compass comes with new landing gear however not with the shell kit.

I did replace the landing gear, yes. I had some issues with that wire, I may have sliced it. I couldn't figure out how to replace the antenna piece without messing up the compass wire.

I did replace the landing gear, yes. I had some issues with that wire, I may have sliced it. I couldn't figure out how to replace the antenna piece without messing up the compass wire.
The shell kit comes with landing gear, but the compass does not come with them. You can purchase just the landing gear for about $12.00 from any authorized DJI dealer. The landing gear by it self comes with a new compass.

The shell kit comes with landing gear, but the compass does not come with them. You can purchase just the landing gear for about $12.00 from any authorized DJI dealer. The landing gear by it self comes with a new compass.

The kit I purchased had the compass with the landing gear. As I was trying to put on the plastic piece that attaches to the landing gear, I sliced the compass wire. I can't find a video on how to replace this particular piece.

Maybe the picture will better explain.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 285
The kit I purchased had the compass with the landing gear. As I was trying to put on the plastic piece that attaches to the landing gear, I sliced the compass wire. I can't find a video on how to replace this particular piece.

The antenna that go's with the compass has a slot down the side of it for that wire. It looks to me that you have the wrong antenna at the compass location.
Remove all the antennas and look for the one with the wire slot.
You can run thru this video for some answers.

The antenna that go's with the compass has a slot down the side of it for that wire. It looks to me that you have the wrong antenna at the compass location.
Remove all the antennas and look for the one with the wire slot.
You can run thru this video for some answers.

Thanks for he link. Funny enough, this guy had the same problem and ended up just glueing it without putting it back right.

Well so now you know why you are having the issues you mentioned.

I'm curious why you sliced the compass wires from the landing gear?

Well so now you know why you are having the issues you mentioned.

I'm curious why you sliced the compass wires from the landing gear?

I obviously didn't slice them on purpose. When I was reinstalling the antenna piece of plastic, the compass wire got caught. After doing research I found out that this is common and most folks are just leaving the antenna plastic out a bit and just glueing it, instead of trying to get it lined up just right.

Have a new one in the mail, will take my time next time.

I obviously didn't slice them on purpose. When I was reinstalling the antenna piece of plastic, the compass wire got caught. After doing research I found out that this is common and most folks are just leaving the antenna plastic out a bit and just glueing it, instead of trying to get it lined up just right.

Have a new one in the mail, will take my time next time.

Let's hope all the troubles are behind you now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair