Constant Battery error after crash

Reaction score
Got a p3p and recently crashed by my buddy. After examination the damage seemed cosmetic as the motors still work and camera also (although cracked) works as day it was delivered.

Took it apart and cleaned up all the debris and soldered on a thicker batt + wire. One of the mounting screws completely broke off so board is only held tight by all except 1 mount bolt.

Battery has full charge, RC also, everything seems to well as far as starting up and awaiting for goApp to cross check things. Immediately a battery error occurs, red at top status bar, batt shows "0", and lights go red.

I've attempted to re-install firmware, even downgrade but with no success. I did manage to re-install latest version, but battery error still there. I've had to remove the firmware from SD card since during power on the P3 tries to install the firmware again.

I have gotten the unit to lift off a few times prior to the re-installation of firmware, (battery error was still the issue) however once airborne the unit would display battery error. I assumed the vibrations probably caused the error although everything seems to fit nice and tight (snug).

I've searched endlessly for any insight but nothing as of yet. Any ideas what could be causing the error? or any possible solution? I have tried with a new battery but sadly no luck.

basically if the bird is done for then I just gotta go with it, and get me a new one when the funds are available. If anything can be done to restore it would be seriously highly appreciated.

Thanks and cheers.

Got a p3p and recently crashed by my buddy. After examination the damage seemed cosmetic as the motors still work and camera also (although cracked) works as day it was delivered.

Took it apart and cleaned up all the debris and soldered on a thicker batt + wire. One of the mounting screws completely broke off so board is only held tight by all except 1 mount bolt.

Battery has full charge, RC also, everything seems to well as far as starting up and awaiting for goApp to cross check things. Immediately a battery error occurs, red at top status bar, batt shows "0", and lights go red.

I've attempted to re-install firmware, even downgrade but with no success. I did manage to re-install latest version, but battery error still there. I've had to remove the firmware from SD card since during power on the P3 tries to install the firmware again.

I have gotten the unit to lift off a few times prior to the re-installation of firmware, (battery error was still the issue) however once airborne the unit would display battery error. I assumed the vibrations probably caused the error although everything seems to fit nice and tight (snug).

I've searched endlessly for any insight but nothing as of yet. Any ideas what could be causing the error? or any possible solution? I have tried with a new battery but sadly no luck.

basically if the bird is done for then I just gotta go with it, and get me a new one when the funds are available. If anything can be done to restore it would be seriously highly appreciated.

Thanks and cheers.
IMHO. BATTERY ERROR is a no fly error and has to be resolved. The four contact pins may not be making full contact which would creat this error and not allow the app to read the cell voltage. The battery alignment may have been compromised in the crash.

Or if not the pins them selves check the wires that run from the data pins for the battery to the main board. if there is a plug off it can also act the same as if its not making contact with the data pads on the battery.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair