Constant "atti mode" and compass errors on brand new P3

Reaction score
Hello, my first post :)

I have had my P3P for about one month and must have around 20 flights under my belt, great fun, no issues. My friend got his P3A a few days ago an is having intermittent problems.

He has run IMU calibration multiple times, all firmware is upto date and runs compass config before each flight. Shortly after take off he is getting a voice message saying "atti mode" and occasionally gets "compass error" in a red bar at the top of the DJI Go app. He usually can see around 17-20 satellites when this happens. Last time up he got the "atti mode" message it was a breezy day and the P3A drifted away from us quite a bit, at first I though it was a fly away but it actually appeared to be a drift as GPS was not holding it's position.

I can confirm there is no interference in the area or during compass calibration as I can fly my P3P at the same place either just before or after him (we did not fly both at the same time as to rule out interference from each other's RC).

This issue has happened at multiple locations on different days. He does not have his phone/tablet or watch on him when performing compass calibration.

Do you think he has a bad P3A or have any ideas? Anyone seen this before?

Thanks

Has he tried flying in "F" mode? Maybe it's a switch issue on the RC. Just a thought. You could also bind your RC to his P3A temporarily to rule that out too. It's also possible it's a bad GPS unit. If it's still under warranty maybe a warranty repair is in order. You've done all the right steps with IMU calibration and compass calibration.

Reactions: ROD PAINTER
I can confirm there is no interference in the area or during compass calibration as I can fly my P3P at the same place either just before or after him (we did not fly both at the same time as to rule out interference from each other's RC).
This issue has happened at multiple locations on different days. He does not have his phone/tablet or watch on him when performing compass calibration.
The most likely explanation is a poor compass calibration and that he is calibrating the compass every time, only makes this more likely.
Is there any iron or steel or electromagnetic influences where is he calibrating the compass?
Cars, structural steel, buried pipes or cables or reinforced concrete?

Reactions: Ron Burgundy
The backup system of the Phantom 3 series is to switch to ATTI if the GPS and compass has contradictory data.

What is your sensors mod values under the DJI app > MC > Sensors? 1500 is the sweetspot when its in the sky. You should get the same number if you are in an open grassy field with no magnetic influences.

Also, are you taking off on concrete or near a car??
Try doing the compass dance in an open grassy field.

Im getting this same issue and can confirm it is not the area. I have tried to calibrate the compass multiple times. This is a replacement drone from DJI after my last one fell out of the sky. I am flying a P3P. A little worried this could be a bad replacement drone from DJI

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have had my P3P for about one month and must have around 20 flights under my belt, great fun, no issues. My friend got his P3A a few days ago an is having intermittent problems.

He has run IMU calibration multiple times, all firmware is upto date and runs compass config before each flight. Shortly after take off he is getting a voice message saying "atti mode" and occasionally gets "compass error" in a red bar at the top of the DJI Go app. He usually can see around 17-20 satellites when this happens. Last time up he got the "atti mode" message it was a breezy day and the P3A drifted away from us quite a bit, at first I though it was a fly away but it actually appeared to be a drift as GPS was not holding it's position.

Thanks
Mind doing the exact same thing I never had a problem with it in over a year all of a sudden it starts going to a TT I mowed and tries to fly away on drift

I call DJI three times they keep wanting me to upload data it's a big ******* waste the time

I call DJI three times they keep wanting me to upload data it's a big ******* waste the time

why is that a big waste of time?
read through the forums, THAT is the FIRST thing that is needed.

That is how the flight is checked for issues , and possible cause.
It is called diagnosing,
what do you want them to do when you call?
offer a new one ......

Thanks
Yes, right before my crash. That and speed error and ultrasonic error. This was the first and only time I saw these errors and now my drone is history and DJI will not do anything for me.

Yes it is. They won't do anything with the 'data' or the forms you fill out yet they keep asking you to do it. Eventually if you press them hard enough they will outright lie to you and make up total BS about your crash and deny you any warranty claim. The best trick they have is to close your support ticket and say it was resolved and actually do nothing. I had them reopen support ticket after support ticket. This went on for weeks. They are criminal and I sincerely hope they go out of business soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20