Considering Upgrade from Phantom 4 to Phantom 4 Advanced

Reaction score
I've been using a P4 for almost a year now but am interested getting the newer camera in the P4 Advanced. Considering an upgrade I have a few questions:

1. Are the P4 Intelligent Batteries compatible with the P4 Advanced?
2. Would the HDMI Option Board installed in my P4 RC be compatible with the P4 Advanced RC?
3. Does the newer camera in the P4 Advanced allow for taking photos DURING video recording? My understanding is this capability exists in the P4 PRO. Since the cameras in the P4 PRO and the P4 Advanced are the same I'm hoping this capability is included in the P4 Advanced.

Any other information from a pilot who has made the transition from the P4 to the P4 Advanced would be welcome.

Thanks.

Ken D.

Reactions: FrequentHighFlyer
Just found this on the DJI Web Site in the FAQ section. Answers my question #3.

1. Compared to the Phantom 4 camera, what advantages does the Phantom 4 Advanced camera have?

The Phantom 4 Advanced camera is able to record UHD 4K (4096X2160) at 60 fps, at a maximum bitrate of 100 Mbps using the H.265 codec. It also allows you to capture still images while filming. The Phantom 4 Advanced camera sensor is also larger than the Phantom 4 camera sensor, ensuring clearer images.

Reactions: Javier Ruiz O

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers