Considering Purchase P4P with Integrated Monitor

Reaction score
Hi,

I am considering purchasing a Phantom 4 Professional but can not decide if I want to purchase with or without the integrated monitor. Other that the obvious differences of size, separate use, and cost what other advantages/disadvantages are their of the integrated monitor.

Merry Christmas,

Donald Barar

I love my Ipad Air 2 just saying. Love the 10in screen. But I will def be purchasing the Crystal Sky Monitor once it is out! I already had an ipad so it was a no-brainer for me to go with P4P with no screen and save 300 bucks.

These are personal preferences. I have tried iPhone 7 plus and iPad mini and preferred iPad mini because of the size. I know I hardly look at the screen as I use VR goggles most of the time.

Go for the type you think is the best for you. No doubt integrated monitor will have real bright screen for the field.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

These are personal preferences. I have tried iPhone 7 plus and iPad mini and preferred iPad mini because of the size. I know I hardly look at the screen as I use VR goggles most of the time.
Go for the type you think is the best for you.
Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I have heard that the integrated display is significantly brighter than any iOS or Android device available. Is this correct?

The P4P+ screen is awesome, but it is a bit small for some folks. The good side is:
1) Set up, boot up and connect time is way faster.
2) Don't have to worry about the phone/device crashing or going dead mid flight, as long as the remote is charged up.
3) Great contrast and brightness, better than any tablet I've tried
4) HDMI and goggle ready
Bad side:
1) Limited apps available (for now, anyway). But that is also a plus, keeps the device clean and running strong.
2) Remote battery runs down faster. I recharge after I burn all 4 batteries, usually about 50% left.
3) Size is limited to 6", I believe.

All in all, well worth the $300 difference, in my opinion. I never realized how much time I spent with clamps and cables until I didn't need them anymore. Also seems to connect way faster, without hesitation or rebooting, ever.

The P4P+ screen is awesome, but it is a bit small for some folks. The good side is:
1) Set up, boot up and connect time is way faster.
2) Don't have to worry about the phone/device crashing or going dead mid flight, as long as the remote is charged up.
3) Great contrast and brightness, better than any tablet I've tried
4) HDMI and goggle ready
Bad side:
1) Limited apps available (for now, anyway). But that is also a plus, keeps the device clean and running strong.
2) Remote battery runs down faster. I recharge after I burn all 4 batteries, usually about 50% left.
3) Size is limited to 6", I believe.

All in all, well worth the $300 difference, in my opinion. I never realized how much time I spent with clamps and cables until I didn't need them anymore. Also seems to connect way faster, without hesitation or rebooting, ever.
iPad and other devices are charged by the controller now so number 2 is incorrect. Also the p4p+ will not support 3rd party apps ever.

iPad and other devices are charged by the controller now so number 2 is incorrect. Also the p4p+ will not support 3rd party apps ever.
Didn't realize this F3honda4me. So the DJI Go4 App charges your ipad while you are using it through your controller?

I use android, so I wouldn't know about this. But the point was one less thing to worry about.
Also, who knows what route DJI may take with the android capabilities? It already has several 3rd party apps installed. Plus, hacking is always possible...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers