Considering new software for simpler and safer flight planning. What features are lacking currently?

Reaction score
Hi,

I am considering building some new software for simpler and safer drone flight pre-planning and flight path logging/archiving.

What features do you think are missing from the current applications? What applications are people currently using?

Thanks!

My go to app is the DJI Go app. I use Litchi for waypoints or orbit. I use Vertical Studio for tracking.

Several apps appear to have pretty much everything that is possible to add (Litchi has the most right now). The main difference is ease of use and layout.

Reactions: Kerr_Flyte
My go to app is the DJI Go app. I use Litchi for waypoints or orbit. I use Vertical Studio for tracking.

Several apps appear to have pretty much everything that is possible to add (Litchi has the most right now). The main difference is ease of use and layout.

Cool, thanks. In terms of browser/desktop based applications, do you use anything at present?

What features do you think are missing from the current applications?

First do what YOU think is missing from the current apps. THEN ask the potential customers what they miss.

[grr] just today I had to for the Nth time to re-tell our software vendor at work what is missing from their software. They just don't get what our real day-to-day work needs /rant

First do what YOU think is missing from the current apps. THEN ask the potential customers what they miss.

[grr] just today I had to for the Nth time to re-tell our software vendor at work what is missing from their software. They just don't get what our real day-to-day work needs /rant

Sure. So in my experience, an all-in-one solution which removes the need to switch between applications where the information I need is integrated into one application. I suppose still something map-based with more layers on top.

Perhaps also a tool that also allows collaboration, where I can invite people into my flight plan to save keeping paper records to share with.

And then even an tablet app that allows me to log my own flight hazards from a site assessment and then sync them into my flight plan overview.

Reactions: matti
some quick ideas:

- mission preview from above and also from the side so the user can see clearance of the AC wrt to ground

- pre-flight mission preview animated with google/apple/etc-maps, street view, and previous flights video data

Does anyone have experience of Vertical Studio who could outline any benefits over Litchi?

Thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobDan