Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Considering another frame for my phantom(i crashed)

Discussion in 'Phantom FC40 Discussion' started by sugeskaden, Mar 18, 2015.

1. sugeskaden

My FC40 had a rough landing and is now a little damaged, so i am considering another frame for it.

Im thinking either a phantom 2 frame(if the fc40 parts can go in without problems :D or perhaps a racing dronekit?.

My plan was to take the hardware from the fc40 and install it in another frame. Any suggestions?:)/hints/tips??? :D

2. IflyinWY

3. Jermz

That would be what they call a "Phantom 1.5" upgrade. You can look around and see people that have done it. You need a phantom 2 shell and a cover for the battery compartment, there are several 3d printed options. I'm thinking about doing it myself. It's only about $100 in parts, then you can put larger batteries in it. If you're getting a new she'll anyway it's probably worth it for you.