connections for air-side ground station

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me where the two wires coming out of the 2.4G DATA LINK item go (should be attached/connected to?)

Is there a good, DETAILED video or write up regarding how to install the ground station? I took the cover off and was shocked by all the goodies inside. I have had several flights with this Phantom 2 with H3-3D gimbal & Go-Pro, and FPV. I tried switching to NAZA to get ioc working, but that never worked right.

But now my issue is these two wires. Are they maybe antennae?

HELP PLEASE!

I now believe these two wires are antenna wires, so not to worry.

I connected the air-side of the ground station to the iosd which has the right connector (which was already installed on my Phantom).

Next is the power needed for the ground side - can a Phantom battery be used for this - 11.1 volts?

Yes the wires are the antennas. Keep them outside the case to get decent range and put them 90 from each other.

I have attached the CAN connector of the air-side on my Phantom to mi iOSD mini, and the air-side hardware is inside the shell, I need to drill a hold in my shell to get the with through there. It all seems to be working - in "SIMULATOR" mode, but until I cut the hole, the phantom isn't ready to fly.

The instructions for setting up a MISSION seem somewhat lengthy, but not overly difficult. BUT if this sucker doesn't work, I'm toast. I am assuming that if it works in SIMULATOR mode, it will work in real mode. IS THAT A VALID ASSUMPTION?

However - I tried updating the firmware in the 2.4g datalink, and that did NOT seem to work.

Where can I find the "2.4G Bluetooth Datalink Assistant software to download to my PC? I downloaded something, but that looks like ground station for the PC. Is there a sight for the assistant software somewhere, just for updating the air and ground portions for this ground station application?

Thanks

Upgrade the firmware on your 2.4G Data Link using the software provided on the DJI website. There are three different parts to be updated: Ground End (the bigger one), Air End (the smaller one), and BTU Bluetooth adapter (the smallest one). Plug BTU into Ground End using the CAN BUS port, and connect to your computer via USB so you can update the Ground End and BTU. The software is Windows only, so if you are a Mac person, you’ll need to run Parallels or equivalent to make this work.

In addition to moving the CAN/BUS off the leg to the inside and connecting it with a shorter cable, I also removed the cases on the data link and the iOSD and then shrink-tubed them saving 16.7g, or 0.59oz.

2jfzib4.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20