Connection to Phantom failed

Reaction score
Hi

I went to use my 3 month old DJI Phantom Vision 2 today (about the 6 flight) and all seemed okay, however I took off and within a minute the video link became delayed by about 15 seconds, so no real time link, also the image turned from colour to black and white and the whole link became lagged i.e. to move the camera also became not so responsive. So I returned it back to the ground and rebooted all devices, the controller, the phantom, the Wi-Fi extender, my iPhone, on board camera ensuring that the plug was securely connected. However on rebooting this time I was unable to get a connection between my iPhone and the Phantom Vision 2, All green lights are displayed on the Camera, IPhone with the display showing that the link has been connected against my Wi-Fi and the green light symbol on the DJI WWAN App. All green and Phantom Vision with green flashing lights as normal.
I removed and reinstalled the IPhone app but no difference, up dated the firm ware to 3.0 as per the instructed details

Tried the App on another IPhone but also the same issue “Connection to Phantom failed”
The WI-FI extender shows and green light on all the time for the power with the system light with a steady flash and then a blinking light occasionally.

Look forward to any assistance Please

Steve

Hi Just an up date
I carried out a rebind to the camera and this done the trick, however I have noticed this on 2 occasions that my Wi-Fi extender had discharged its self first time I thought that I left it switch on, but the second time I am pretty sure that it was turned off which left it totally to discharge its self, which then I presumed it lost all its settings which meant it had to be rebounded to the camera??

Any thoughts on this.
Steve

It has been mentioned in other posts that the extender will discharge itself w/o being turned on. I make it a habit to plug it in the night before I plan to fly regardless of when it was charged before. Seems to take an awful long time to charge, but basically when plugged in and green your good to go. On the plus side, the remote batteries seem to last a very long time.

HoneyBee said:
Hi Just an up date
I carried out a rebind to the camera and this done the trick, however I have noticed this on 2 occasions that my Wi-Fi extender had discharged its self first time I thought that I left it switch on, but the second time I am pretty sure that it was turned off which left it totally to discharge its self, which then I presumed it lost all its settings which meant it had to be rebounded to the camera??

Any thoughts on this.
Steve

Hi Steve. that was exactly happened to me on last Sunday. I tried to get the connection back with advices from the forum and UTube, spent 4 days trying with four different iphone 5s and tablet, rammed the white cable jack many times, every devices were full charged, still not working. I even opened and check the other end of the white cable. Then I called DJI service rep, had to wait for 50 mins. for a rep. He told me to try those methods that I'd already done.Last thing he told me try was to upgrade to V3, and I did, turned out to be the worst because my P2V was not even turned. So I sent it back ATI,where I bought it from, this Friday. It will take probably 4-5 weeks, 2 weeks round trip to and from OR, and 2-3 weeks waiting in queue. The worst thing is I just received a confirmation from ROTO Pixel that my gimbal was shipped, and the weather just starts to get nicer in Connecticut! Well, that's my sad story.

Hi

Got mine up and running today by rebinding, I can only think of 2 issues that might have caused this, the first being the new update from DJI for my iPhone last week , or the second being my Wi-Fi range extender completely discharged itself and lost all the settings, however all seem okay when I first took off and the time lag seemed to come about during the first few minutes of flight and the imaged went from colour to black and white then disconnected.
I am also waiting for my Rotor Pixel gimbal to arrive. and really not sure what to do in relation to my issue with the Wi-Fi. I have sent an extensive email to DJI Europe and await there response?? and will talk to Heliguy tomorrow about this issue.
Notice today also that my altitude readings are all over the place and thoughts?

Steve

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj