Connection problem

Reaction score
I got my Phantom 4 almost 2 weeks ago, flies great and I love it. I bought a new Samsung 8" Tab A to use with it.

Here's my problem;

I always power the transmitter on first and make sure the DJI Go 4 app is open. Then I power the Phantom up. Rarely does the app show a connection on the first try. At the top center of the screen it says DISCONNECTED. I will usually restart the P4 and the transmitter a few times and it will eventually connect. The other day I restarted the tablet and it connected. I thought that I had figured it out and it was the tablet so I figured I would just always restart the tablet before connecting. Yesterday it took a few tries before the tablet showed a connection. The transmitter and P4 are connected, it's just the tablet that is not connecting. The other night while I was waiting for the tablet to connect I was playing with the sticks and ended up arming the motors.

I have both the original DJI Go app and the newer DJI Go 4 app installed on the tablet. Which is preferred? I thought about deleting the older version and seeing if that helps.

Thanks in advance

After years of flying planes and driving RC cars I've always been in the habit of powering the transmitter first. I'll give that a try.

In the case of our Phantoms, all 3 components are transceivers ie they transmit and recieve. It seems to be standard to power up the bird first then the RC then the app. :)

Reactions: Tractors4u

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl