"Connection Lost" - iPad GS

Reaction score
About one minute into any use of the GS I get the audio "Connection Lost" - I then use the Controller Connection Menu - Select the Controller and it's restored, one minute later the same audio and this repeats at approx one minute intervals.
Does anyone have a fix?

Cheers.....Doug

Re: "Connection Lost" - iPad GS

dlps73 said:
About one minute into any use of the GS I get the audio "Connection Lost" - I then use the Controller Connection Menu - Select the Controller and it's restored, one minute later the same audio and this repeats at approx one minute intervals.
Does anyone have a fix?

Cheers.....Doug

I see the same issue, but not at this exact increment of time. I've just kind of learned to get used to it. It's not ideal, but it also doesn't have any real effect on flight unless you want to suddenly bring the Phantom home (and you've lost signal). I did get a longer antenna to keep signal from the GS a little more consistently, and that has helped.

That said... It's annoying for sure, because it does make me feel better to have the telemetry showing the flight is going as planned.

My suspicion is that once the phantom goes into waypoint mode it starts pulsing a heartbeat signal back to the GS with a ping. I'm guessing if the GS goes through two or three pings without clear data it posts the lost connection signal.

However... I have also flown the phantom far enough away where I have actually lost signal with the GS for a good period of time...in those cases I just wait until it gets closer and reconnect.

Anyway... You're not alone :)

I've had occasional connection problems but nothing like you describe. I mount the Ground End on a tripod to get it about four feet off the ground and about 12-15 feet away from the quad. I have the iPad about the same distance from the quad when I set up the mission and launch. (I've tried using the iPad farther away but it seems less reliable in establishing a connection.)

On a few occasions the iPad has lost connection during a mission when the Phantom was perhaps 100-150 yards from me. On most long missions I maintain contact for up to 450 yards. If I go beyond range and lose the connection it almost always reconnects once the quad gets back within range.

dlps73 said:
Does anyone have a fix?

Cheers.....Doug

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj