Connection issues

Reaction score
I have a Phantom 3 Advanced. I use my Samsung S6 Plus Edge with it with fully updated software.

I used the drone and took footage 2 weeks ago. Packed it up and took it out a week later and the DJI GO App will not connect to the camera.

Someone suggested I update firmware but all the instructions for that say to use the app to update.!.?.

This Drone belongs to our local Boy Scout Council. We need more footage of an event this weekend... any suggestions?

Only the remote controller can be updated from the DJI GO app. The Phantom and battery updates are a manual process. You can find detailed firmware installation instructions here.

Have you tried reinstalling DJI GO? How about trying a different mobile device?

I did try reinstalling the app.

The device ran the app and connected to the device perfectly 2 weeks ago. However I did try with my wife's iPad mini with the same result.

Is it possible that someone updated the remote controller firmware via the DJI GO app? Odd things will happen when the Phantom firmware and remote controller firmware are out of sync.

I am the only one with access and I know I didnt do it.

My phone recently updated but I cant remember if it was in the time frame that could have effected it. Is it possible that had something to do with it?

I did uninstall and reinstall the app today.

Can you explain "the DJI GO App will not connect to the camera" in more detail?

I start the drone, start the RC, connect the phone to the RC, Launch app... I select the drone from the list and all I get is a button that says "how to connect" before I would get a "camera view" button. I did get the camera button once but when I entered Camera view I got a black screen and a grey "disconnected" bar on the top of the screen. The GPS Screen showed the correct location but I did not have any camera control and no information from the drone at all.

Did you try to rebind the remote controller to your Phantom?

The phantom responds to the controller,I can even still control the camera gimbal. The bird will fly just no camera controls.

Thats a great idea but I cant get into camera view. The DJI App will NOT connect to the drone.

I am starting to fear I am going to have to buy the scouts a new 1000.00 drone.

it is asking for a compass calibration but again.... how do you do that without access to the app?

Very frustrated...

Not a silly question, it is not out of my range of stupidity... but no, correct model is selected...only one option for Phantom 3 Advanced.

LEDs on the drone Alternating red and yellow lights. According to the manual this is "compass calibration needed"

I am going to attempt different phone cables and a different device. maybe its the update, maybe I have a bad cable. The phone recognizes the cable when plugged in but does not mean the cable can transmit data... Apparently this is not a common problem so the issue must be with my device or connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik