Connection issues

Reaction score
Hi everyone, need some advice please...been a good few months since I've flown my P3A, charged everything up yesterday, only to find the app was only showing "how to connect". Scratched my head a few times & check for app update (nothing). I could still control the gimbal & start the motors!
Did a firmware update on aircraft, but not 100% sure it the RC updated. I can still control the gimbal, but can no longer start the motors. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall the app, but still just get "how to connect"...on the odd occasion it has connected (only if I click P4) the screen just shows "disconnected".
Can anyone please help...starting to pull my hair out!!!
Thanks

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Try connecting your mobile device to the remote controller with a different cable.

What exactly did you do/change/install between now and the last time everything worked as expected?

When did you attempt to install the firmware? Was that after you noticed the "how to connect" message wouldn't go away?

Yes, after...thought that might have been the reason, as I know some apps update automatically, so figured it wouldn't run on the old firmware

Do you have another mobile device you can try just to rule out a possible issue with your mobile device?

Which mobile devices have you tried?

So I have similar config as you Poppy ie P3A and use IPad mini 3 and rarely my IPhone. Just to be sure:-
1. the problem is connection between RC and iPad right? ie understand when you :-
- Turn on RC
- plug cable in between RC & IPad
- start up DJIGO app on iPad .
You see 'disconnected' on DJIGO - right? (Ie iPad not detecting RC is connected at all.
2. If you turn on the P3A, with above config on, does the RC left led lamp turn green (meaning RC connected to P3A)?

I'm thinking if all as above as I anticipate, may need to reinstall firmware (force or downgrade) but will await your feedback and revert to msinger's experience if he suggests something else.

- Phantom P3A & P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App

Reactions: Laurend818
Hi, thanks for responding...
I have advanced model...RC connect to drone (can move gimbal).
App does not connect to tablet, only get welcome page with 'how to connect', which I've made sure I've done the way round they show, but still only the 'how to connect. The only time I get any on screen info, still when I change it to 'professional' (but I have the advanced), but the screen shows 'disconnected'.
I'm using a iPad mini, but can't remember the model (but the one I've used for a year with the drone & app), I tried my iPhone 6, but it says the same thing.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app & have updated the firmware, as I've not used it for about 4 months...gets rather windy here in winter!!
Appreciate any help that I can get

Just done the way you said Loz, but nothing. Did it the way the app say...RC, aircraft & connect cable...still showing same thing.
Only other thing I have noticed (here comes the technical part)!
Little light on the side of the aircraft, landing sensors area (I think). That's flashing red & green.
Main aircraft lights are...front solid red, rear flashing yellow.

Did you chk the log after doing the firmware update? Read the txt file written to the SIM card, should show you the success or failure from the upgrade.. also maybe try leaving the drone on for 15 mins (with ought trying to connect with RC).. almost sounds like an incomplete firmware update.

Another thing,,maybe try reformatting your SIM card.

Last edited:
Yep, check the txt file...success (on aircraft), just a stick on RC, but that had no txt file after it ended (not that I'm 100% sure on that update) as it only ever showed a green light & no blue light.
I will try different combinations on the RC update when I finish work tomorrow.
The more I think about it, the more I believe it's the update process in the RC.
I'll have to try & buy a mini SD card USB adapter on my travels tomorrow.

The firmware update you ran on AC - assume it's latest current version from DJI website? That same firmware should upgrade the RC as well if update is required.. (I realise RC not connecting now, but when it was that's how you should have done it - is that what took place?)

I'm wondering what you mean when you mention "just a stick on RC" - when you upgraded RC? Please clarify, doesn't sound right.. I'm not certain it does sound like a firmware of RC may have failed, and we may need to try force a reinstall..

- Phantom P3A & P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik