Connection issues with camera - specific problem info

J Dot Thank you so much for the video...followed it and now I can FPV again with my iPhone...I just went back 1 version and it is working perfectly!!! :) I hope DJI acknowledges that their update is bricking the wifi boards. BTW I went back to 815735194

Thanks
J Dot, can you post this " video" I want to try this.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

J Dot, can you post this " video" I want to try this.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hello,
Go back to page 2 , ( 3 or 4 posts up )
I posted video, and all corresponding version codes, in the post below video!

Hope this helps!

J Dot
:cool:

J Dot Thank you so much for the video...followed it and now I can FPV again with my iPhone...I just went back 1 version and it is working perfectly!!! :) I hope DJI acknowledges that their update is bricking the wifi boards. BTW I went back to 815735194

Thanks
You still had to replace hardware to get it working correct?

Yes correct..In my case the update bricked the wifi Board on the camera....I had another camera with other issues, so I made one camera out of both.

Ken

So the version idea doesn't make sense to me. I haven't updated my phantom since early to middle of 2015 and I'm having the same issue (I believe since I still can't test the camera as asked above). So wouldn't that make the idea that the new update is causing the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here you go I've already done all that

Let me know!

J Dot
Jerry - That's an awesome video - Thanks So Much for that - was just about to throw my Vision 2 + Camera in the Trash !! I'll buy you a beer when i meet you Thanks again :eek:)

Reactions: J Dot
So the version idea doesn't make sense to me. I haven't updated my phantom since early to middle of 2015 and I'm having the same issue (I believe since I still can't test the camera as asked above). So wouldn't that make the idea that the new update is causing the issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is NOT the phantom upgrade that is the problem, it is the APP update, that prompts you to upgrade/update extender, in doing so, bricks your camera! by reverting your app, to the version before, ( before extender update was added ) to keep this from happening to any other unsuspecting victim! But seems to also work for the select few that, have app issue without camera burnout! As you see above!

Hope this helps!

( yours could be an app issue, binding issue, wifi issue, camera issue ) if you have a plus, than gimbal board issue also comes into play!

J Dot

Jerry - That's an awesome video - Thanks So Much for that - was just about to throw my Vision 2 + Camera in the Trash !! I'll buy you a beer when i meet you Thanks again :eek:)

MORE THAN WELCOME, my friend!
That is why I made it! Lol
And GOOD SHOW, Back in Action!

And a BIG YES, would gladly share a brew with you ANYTIME!

Take care, Fly Safe!
J Dot

It is NOT the phantom upgrade that is the problem, it is the APP update, that prompts you to upgrade/update extender, in doing so, bricks your camera! by reverting your app, to the version before, ( before extender update was added ) to keep this from happening to any other unsuspecting victim! But seems to also work for the select few that, have app issue without camera burnout! As you see above!

Hope this helps!

( yours could be an app issue, binding issue, wifi issue, camera issue ) if you have a plus, than gimbal board issue also comes into play!

J Dot
I'm going to tray and revert the app back to see if I can get mine up and running. I'll let you guys know if it works. I'm not spending a penny on new hardware that DJI broke with software. They want me to RMA my drone. I'll try this first.

Reactions: J Dot
So I went to try to revert the DJI Vision App this morning and noticed that the DJI Vision app is NOT ON ITUNES any longer. Seems like they have realized the issues caused by it? I've never used the DJI Go app which apparently replaces the Vision App? I'm going to mess around with it now and report my findings.

So I went to try to revert the DJI Vision App this morning and noticed that the DJI Vision app is NOT ON ITUNES any longer. Seems like they have realized the issues caused by it? I've never used the DJI Go app which apparently replaces the Vision App? I'm going to mess around with it now and report my findings.

Ok, I was wrong. The DJI Go app is for Phantom 3's and 4 apparently. So now we have no options for our P2V? I don't get it.

It is weird,
But you can use litchi! Android version was free last week and still might be?

J Dot

Sent out several emails to Apple and DJI, about this! will keep you updated!

It is weird,
But you can use litchi! Android version was free last week and still might be?

J Dot

Sent out several emails to Apple and DJI, about this! will keep you updated!

I would try but only have apple devices and litchi is like 19.99 or something like that.

I have the same issue...I have had phantom vision 2 for 2 years now....and I am a computer repair tech....Today I have updated the ios app and immediately it said that my extender needed to be upgraded...I followed the screen instructions...it said it would take a few minutes...I left it on for 10 minutes came back and Poof..no connection to camera....I have reset the RE700 extender and re-bound the camera...still nothing as above....DJI needs to fix this...their update rendered it useless!!!!!
I will NOT be updating my other P2 Vision Period!!!
Ken

Update...I also tried to use camera using Litchi on android and still will not connect to camera....Thanks DJI ...is there a way to reset the range extender to earlier firmware?
This is EXACTLY the same sequence of events that I experienced. I still have no fix. As far as I am concerned, DJI's app update broke my Phantom.

ive come across this extender upgrade being mentioned several times on here and FB, ive yet to be prompted for it however, may be that i dont use the DJI crApp perferring Litchi instead, good news is DJI have pulled the app from the apple store i think to repair it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik