Connection issues with camera - specific problem info

Reaction score
Yes I know there are other posts about this but they are a little all over the place compared to what I'm experiencing. So since I have specific info I thought I'd try that and see if it doesn't help me and help others maybe.

I'm binding fine, green steady light with occasional random blink on range extended, iPhone 5S is linking to wifi and DJI Vision app shows green light for connection on menu page.

After everything is on I get a green light on the back of the camera that turns red after pressing camera button on app and getting
a866bb107ced6554efaf85fe2ac0ecc4.jpg
this.

I took camera and phantom 2 V apart and checked all connections. Everything is fine. When the camera light turns red a free light in the inside comes on. Boards in both camera and P2V all look good and no smell of electrical burn anywhere.

P2V hasn't been used since January at which time it had no issues.

Help diagnosing this issue would be great and appreciated. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does the screen look like before you turn the camera on? Do you see an FPV output (video)?

Exactly like this with the exception of the "please connect to wifi" shows connected to phantom with the green light lit.
4c921e2a0a85b98eef74e50d45fde8f1.jpg

I see that or once I hit the camera icon in the top left the previous pic.

Let's start over.

You turn on your controller. You turn on your RE. You turn on your Phantom. I assume your camera, the FC200, is already switched to on as is its wifi. You turn on your mobile device. It boots up. You confirm the sticks are centered and the S switches are up. You load the Phantom app. You see the screen as shown in post #3 but it shows the green light indicating a connection with the Phantom. You click the camera icon. Right?

What happens next? Like exactly? Be specific and detailed.

Let's start over.

You turn on your controller. You turn on your RE. You turn on your Phantom. I assume your camera, the FC200, is already switched to on as is its wifi. You turn on your mobile device. It boots up. You confirm the sticks are centered and the S switches are up. You load the Phantom app. You see the screen as shown in post #3 but it shows the green light indicating a connection with the Phantom. You click the camera icon. Right?

I have the same issue...I have had phantom vision 2 for 2 years now....and I am a computer repair tech....Today I have updated the ios app and immediately it said that my extender needed to be upgraded...I followed the screen instructions...it said it would take a few minutes...I left it on for 10 minutes came back and Poof..no connection to camera....I have reset the RE700 extender and re-bound the camera...still nothing as above....DJI needs to fix this...their update rendered it useless!!!!!
I will NOT be updating my other P2 Vision Period!!!
Ken

Update...I also tried to use camera using Litchi on android and still will not connect to camera....Thanks DJI ...is there a way to reset the range extender to earlier firmware?

Last edited:
Reactions: Michael Francis
Let's start over.

I did everything exactly as above with one exception I do turn on the RE before the controller.

7b5e1b2003dfee5908c769f6f956a433.jpg

Sticks are centered switches are up.

fc86273327afcf3b40755239b0608358.jpg

Light on camera is green.

Now I did have trouble finding the wifi for the phantom. I had to reset the re with the internal button and redo the bind. No issues finding it after that.

9fa7d53ebc46274175edc452a32d3ee9.jpg

Open the app.

c804e0765d66e3805a206fa75d14b317.jpg

Open the camera icon.

I did miss the next step which is the below screen without the verbiage in the center instead it was the spinning wheel in the center for about 2.5 seconds.

c1df5de4ef0fb8e1e82d5f010c9b0aa4.jpg

Then this.

Light on camera stayed green.

Another update for me....I bound my camera to my other 2nd RE700 and still no luck...The app said my extender needed to be upgraded..but I bypassed it....everything was fine until I let the app perform the range extender update. I rebound 2nd RE700 back to the it's origonal camera and everything works fine.....This update seems to have bricked my RE700 and wifi in camera. I am afraid to try binding the updated RE700 to my other camera for fear it will brick it too.

I am thinking of maybe putting the firmware for the FC200 on the microSD and see if will re-initialize the camera.

Ken

Last edited:
Okay sfsmedic, thank you for the clear explanation. You're not getting video. That image is not right. It's supposed to show video of whatever the camera sees even if it's not recording. So something is wrong there. I'm going to defer to one of our experts, J Dot, and hopefully he will help you. Stay tuned.

Reactions: sfsmedic
Hey Guys,
I've heard a lot on bricked stuff due to updates. And that is possible here as well ( I guess? ) , I believe the update only allows you to use extender as a network, But let's look at it from a technical standpoint, and see what is the problem ( camera, or extender or both )

First
You need to download a wifi analyzer ( some are free ) I use ( android InSSIDer app 10$ ) but any will due as long as it can trace hidden wifi networks.
Ok
Open analyzer app ( we looking for a 2.4ghz signature starting with ( 60:60:1f:??:??:?? ) ?'s are your personal Mac addy numbers last 6 digits, 60:60:1f is DJI's unique signature ) ok With fc200 camera set to wifi on, turn ONLY phantom on, no Tx, No extender. Don't worry bout the flashing yellow lights ( means no Tx signal ) now scan for wifi ( check for signal and signal strength ) strength should be almost spiked! If you see the signature ( 60:60:1f gimmick ) and it is strong, then your camera wifi board is ok, and would point all fingers to extender issue ( you can test extender wifi with analyzer as well ) just turn on extender test for 60:60:1f:??:??:?? ) should match number on rear of extender, and should be fairly strong. Still won't tell you if it's transmitting though, but possibly a new extender will fix the problem, if camera all looks good in analyzer.But test those and let us know! Then we will go from there.

J Dot
:cool:

Take care, Fly safe.

I have used wifi analyzer before and have it on my Galaxy S3. I had to replace a camera on my other vision last year...and I had to use it to get the Mac addy on the new camera. Here is what I have done so far, I will recap from beginning

1. The Vision was working fine today, I normally use the my Gal S3 with Litchi. I decided use my iPhone, so I could strap my phone to the FPV unit I have from HobbyKing. normally I take off the screen that comes with it and strap my phone on the end of it after I get it into hover, so I can just FPV.
2. The iphone said there was an update for the DJI App, So I went ahead and updated.
3. I connected my phone to phantom normally, The camera screen came up and looked fine..then a popup came up and said that my extender needed an update. I pressed update and it said it will take a few minutes. I left everything on the table while I proceeded to unload my gas planes and start setting them up for flight.
4. After about 10 minutes I can back....then previous screen from the camera was there and locked, but there was green light on camera, the Re700 was blinking occasionally as usual.
5. I shut everything down (including my phone), and restarted. I could connect to the RE700, but I got the Black screen and said that Connection to camera failed, so I decided to just put everything away and fly my planes for a bit.
6. I came home and came to the forums, to see if anyone else had this issue.
7.I then started troubleshooting, by using my other visions, RE700, BTW I have the mac addy's written down, I put in the mac of the other camera, fired everything up and still no connection.
8. Next step was to verify that it was not an issue with the cable, so I connected the camera to the cable on my other vision and still no connection, so obviously there is something wrong with the camera. AGAIN- the camera was fine until I told it to update from the DJI APP
9. Next step- Put it all back together then used wifi analyzer.....The RE700 showed up, but was cutting in and out, The camera mac did not even show up at all
My Last hope was to download the FC200 firmware, put it on microSd and reflash, the red light blinked correctly while flashing, then green light, I reset everything and still no camera.

I find this very odd that the camera quit right after updating the extender and that the RE700 signal is now cutting in and out constantly, which I'm sure it is NOT supposed to do. I have had 0 issues with this camera for at least 1.5 yrs....now after a software update to extender it is useless.

Update again- I just hooked up the working camera to the phantom and is working fine, so issue seems to be camera not putting out wifi signal and the RE700 cutting in and out on analyzer.

Ken

Last edited:
Ok Ken
Does the bad camera in question hook to a different extender?

And have you tried to delete, turn device off-on reinstall app?

Next try this ( revert to earlier version app:

I'd go back before p2v+ was introduced use this code ( 519392631 ) 1.0.37 app version just before p2v+ ( version 1.0.41 ).

If your not getting a signal from camera , in analyzer ( only phantom turned on ( NO TX, NO EXTENDER )) you should see 60:60:1f:??:??:??. If not your power board or wifi board is bad. I'd revert app use different extender and try to fix or replace camera ( if it is broken? )

Let us know?

J Dot

Reactions: dirkclod
Ok Ken
Does the bad camera in question hook to a different extender?

And have you tried to delete, turn device off-on reinstall app?

Next try this ( revert to earlier version app:

I'd go back before p2v+ was introduced use this code ( 519392631 ) 1.0.37 app version just before p2v+ ( version 1.0.41 ).

If your not getting a signal from camera , in analyzer ( only phantom turned on ( NO TX, NO EXTENDER )) you should see 60:60:1f:??:??:??. If not your power board or wifi board is bad. I'd revert app use different extender and try to fix or replace camera ( if it is broken? )

Let us know?

J Dot
Done this buy using analyzer...no camera wifi showing up. So camera wifi is bad, also the RE700 signal is cutting in and out. I can use the same version of DJI app with other Vision without using and by-passing the screen to update extender. I also hooked the good camera to the phantom in question and it works fine...so problem is isolated to the camera (no wifi signal at all) & Re700, (cutting in and out). Just can't believe it was working fine until I had the app update the extender :(.

Yeah Bummer man!
That update seems to come with heartache! ****.

Good thing is, I see fc200's going as low as $80 and buy it now $150. But I'm sure if you offered less they would take it? Also I occasionally see people parting them out, you might get lucky on a wifi board?

J Dot

Hey Guys,
I've heard a lot on bricked stuff due to updates. And that is possible here as well ( I guess? ) , I believe the update only allows you to use extender as a network, But let's look at it from a technical standpoint, and see what is the problem ( camera, or extender or both )

First
You need to download a wifi analyzer ( some are free ) I use ( android InSSIDer app 10$ ) but any will due as long as it can trace hidden wifi networks.
Ok
Open analyzer app ( we looking for a 2.4ghz signature starting with ( 60:60:1f:??:??:?? ) ?'s are your personal Mac addy numbers last 6 digits, 60:60:1f is DJI's unique signature ) ok With fc200 camera set to wifi on, turn ONLY phantom on, no Tx, No extender. Don't worry bout the flashing yellow lights ( means no Tx signal ) now scan for wifi ( check for signal and signal strength ) strength should be almost spiked! If you see the signature ( 60:60:1f gimmick ) and it is strong, then your camera wifi board is ok, and would point all fingers to extender issue ( you can test extender wifi with analyzer as well ) just turn on extender test for 60:60:1f:??:??:?? ) should match number on rear of extender, and should be fairly strong. Still won't tell you if it's transmitting though, but possibly a new extender will fix the problem, if camera all looks good in analyzer.But test those and let us know! Then we will go from there.

J Dot

Take care, Fly safe.

Ok so I downloaded this net analyzer. Network Analyzer App

I am semi tech tarded, not completely thankfully. I turned on the quad and camera on wifi as described above. Ensured I had a green light on the camera. I wasn't reading anything on the wifi section of the analyzer. Which means no wifi transmission from the camera right? The problem I'm having is I wasn't ready ANY wifi. My phone tells me there are 3-4 wifis to choose from to connect with but the analyzer said none. Admittedly I've never used a network analyzer so I'm not sure I was using it right at all. I will do more research tomorrow.

yes you are right...sometimes you have to wait for the analyzer a few minutes....but it should show a signal for the RE700 and the camera...they start with 60:60:1f ??:??:??. My problem is that I am seeing the RE700...but not the camera....so the wifi in the camera went bad. Everything was fine until I had the app update the extender.

Ken

Most likely if you are getting no signal!
If you open the camera it is the bottom most board ( wifi board, the antennas attach to it ) you'll have to fully disassemble the camera to get to it ( if you can find parts? ) or a new camera. On eBay $150 OBO.

Let us know!

J Dot

Reactions: Mark The Droner
Most likely if you are getting no signal!
If you open the camera it is the bottom most board ( wifi board, the antennas attach to it ) you'll have to fully disassemble the camera to get to it ( if you can find parts? ) or a new camera. On eBay $150 OBO.

Let us know!

J Dot

I think it is operator error of the net analyzer because it only shows me information which my phone is connected to. I apparently can't get info for something that's just floating around for lack of better words like a hidden Wi-Fi.

Yeah,
Someone told me apple banned such apps, I've tried several with no luck, so I use my wife's android phone with InSSIDer app, works like a charm EVERYTIME!, lol, you do have to pay for it, I believe 10 bucks, but I work on them, so it is gold as far as I'm concerned! But to buy to use only once, I get it!
But the next step would be to find out if it is transmitting or not. Keep us updated!

J Dot

Yeah,
Someone told me apple banned such apps, I've tried several with no luck, so I use my wife's android phone with InSSIDer app, works like a charm EVERYTIME!, lol, you do have to pay for it, I believe 10 bucks, but I work on them, so it is gold as far as I'm concerned! But to buy to use only once, I get it!
But the next step would be to find out if it is transmitting or not. Keep us updated!

J Dot
I only have access to Apple products so they band them there's nothing I can do to check it at this point.

I will look around tonite for one...if I find one that works I'll post it...I use the android one also and it works great

Ken

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20