Connection help

Reaction score
Hi guys, new to all this tech stuff. Purchased the phantom for use within falconry. Cannot for whatever reason, connect my drone to my phone. I have the new iPhone SE! Any help gratefully received.

Thanks

How did you attempt to connect it? What happened instead?

How did you attempt to connect it? What happened instead?

Hi, I was told to go through Dji go. Opened it up and tried it that way. No luck. Bluetooth on etc. To be honest and frank, I've no idea what the hell in doing lol!!

It connects via Wi-Fi (not Bluetooth). You should read the Phantom manual and Quick Start Guide in their entirety before attempting to fly. Both can be downloaded here.

Just turning on Wi-Fi isn't enough. Please see the steps in the Quick Start Guide.

If you're able to read this forum, then I'm assuming you can read the Quick Start Guide and Phantom manual.

Reactions: hunch
Someone reads it to me!! I've looked at the quick start, it says nothing whatsoever in there about your phone not picking nothing up via wifi with the drone and remote turned on!! If you won't help, or can't help, please just say and I'll go elsewhere! It's quite simple really. Thank you

Did you follow the steps on page #5 of the Quick Start Guide to connect your mobile device to your Phantom?

What happened when you attempted to connect your iPhone to your Phantom's Wi-Fi network?

This link tells you how to do it...but like msinger said what happens when you attempt to connect to your phone?
DJI Phantom 3 Standard FAQ

Attachments

• 1466532185345.jpg
    1466532185345.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 190
I turned on remote. Turned drone on. Went to my wifi settings and that's it has my phone has not picked anything up. I literally had the phone on top of the drone!! Nothing at all

Turn on the remote..then open your wifi on your phone and search for near by networks..may take a minute...you might be able to manually enter it..not a 100% sure tho

somethings wrong...just trying to think of stuff to do that might help....I google searched iphone se wont pick up wifi from other devices...read thru this...maybe it will help? If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

So your phantom is brand new right? never registered it or flown or anything because you cannot connect your device to it correct? Have you tried a different device just to see if it would pick up the Phantoms wifi??

Are you sure you have a Phantom 3 STANDARD? or is it 4K, Advanced, Professional ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20