Connecting to the internet via 4G whilst flying

Reaction score
Hi all...

Try as I might, I can't get my OnePlusTwo phone to connect to the Phantom if the 4g internet connection is enabled. Only way I can get it to connect is if I disable the 4g connection.

How do you connect your phone to the internet and the phantom at the same time? It's a pain not being able to, as I can't access map data out in the field...

My OnePlusTwo is running android 5.1.1 - I think it's something to do with the phone disregarding the phantom's wifi connection as it doesn't have an internet connection, and defaulting over to the 4g signal - hence it can't find the phantom once the 4g is enabled. Disable the 4g, and dji go hooks straight up to the phantom!

cheers!

Very few phones will connect to both at the same time. The One Plus One will not. What you can do is simply connect to 4G prior to connecting to the drone, open the DJI Go app and bring up the map display. Scroll around in order to cache the map. Then shut the app down and connect to the drone. You can also do this before leaving home.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl