connecting to computer

Reaction score
I just picked up my first quad--a Phantom Vision--and am beyond excited. Except for one big issue. Neither the controller nor the Phantom will connect to my computer at all. I have installed the RC and Phantom 2 version 3.6 software directly from the DJI site. I will not bore you here with the multitude of troubleshooting processes I have tried on my computer because I tried connecting to my wife's computer with the same result--nothing happens. It does not even appear on Windows Explorer under the Computer tab. No beeps. No signs of life. On the quad and controller I have changed batteries, tried two other USB cables, plugged in and started the program in every possible order--nothing. No weird error lights on either controller or Phantom. It's as if there is no cable connecting the machines--they work fine independently but will not communicate between one another.

The chance that both the quad and the controller having the same problem due to defect is close to zero. Could there be an issue with the installed firmware and PC compatibility? Is there a reset or settings change that needs to be done? Is there a funky WiFi connection I can use (like between the iPhone app and the camera) for a connection? Do I need some Tinkerbell dust? Please advise. . . .

Yipee!! You guys are my new heroes!! I officially put you on my Christmas card list!!

Quick download and install and I am up and running. I'm used to getting a window describing an attempt to locate drivers and failure to do so. I didn't get this at all so I never would have thought of it without your help. Once again thank you, you have made my Christmas a merry one!!!!

Welcome to the forum & Merry Christmas to you too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers