Connecting P3P to DJI Assistant

Reaction score
Hello,
I just bought the P3P and P4. I am trying to go through the dji Assistant with each before installing the appropriate Go App. I have the Assistant icon on my Mac PC. With my P4, I opened the Assistant, then plugged in the usb cord from my PC to my P4 and the P4 icon appeared on my PC. I then proceeded and even did the calibration. Worked out just fine.
Today, I'm trying to do the same with my P3P. For whatever reason the P3P icon doesn't show up in Assistant like my P4 did. I have tried everything I can think of.
I want to finish this process so I can then install the appropriate GO app. Can someone help me get this to work? What am I doing wrong?
Thank you so much.
Terry

Did you activate your P3P in DJI GO yet? If not, you should do that first.

Did you activate your P3P in DJI GO yet? If not, you should do that first.

Ok, after I do that, do I run the dji Assistant with my P3P? I haven't activated the P4 with DJI Go 4 yet, either. How do I do that activation process with both? Also, I see by your profile that you are a vender. What's the vender's name. You have helped me so much, that I want to support your company. I eventually want to buy the Inspire 1 v2.
Regards,
Terry

Ok, after I do that, do I run the dji Assistant with my P3P?
After activating your P3P, you should upgrade the firmware like this.

How do I do that activation process with both?
You can activate your Phantoms from DJI GO (for the P3P) and DJI GO 4 (for the P4) like this:

What's the vender's name. You have helped me so much, that I want to support your company.
Click the "Phantom Help" logo below to go to my website. You can support me by purchasing your accessories from my website.

Last edited:
Yes.

You can activate your Phantoms from DJI GO (for the P3P) and DJI GO 4 (for the P4) like this:

Click the "Phantom Help" logo below to go to my website. You can support me by purchasing your accessories from my website.

Thank's for that app. I'm not finding your company's link. I really want to have it. There are some things I'll be wanting.

I don't believe the Assistant v2 is compatible with P3. It isn't in the download section for the P3 now.
However it must have been there at one time as I have it in a folder where I downloaded everything in the Downloads section around Christmas.
I recently installed and tried it and I too can't get it to recognize the P3

Sent from my HTC 10 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Why would you even ever need to use the assistant? It seems like a very unnecessary step.

Why would you even ever need to use the assistant?
It can only be used with the P4. DJI GO should be used to configure everything on the P3P.

Ok, that's why it worked on my P4 and not for my P3P. Now, I will get started on installing dji Go on my P3P. Watching tutorials this morning.
Thank you,
Terry

It can only be used with the P4. DJI GO should be used to configure everything on the P3P.

Can I activate only in order to register my P3P and P4 and later go into each Go app and make the settings that I want? I want to find the right tutorial that get's them set the way I want.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20