Connecting Goodluck Gimble

Bunger said:
Davek said:
EMCSQUAR said:
Go to Assistant -> Basic -> Rc on right hand side is stick calibration. Click start move gimbal lever back and forth full throw then click finish.

Wow! Thanks for being patient with me. I'm all set. In fact, I had to narrow the min max travel limits as it was pitching almost 360 after that cal. I had to set the max travel to only 50 and left min at -1000 to get a 90 degree pitch.

Thanks again!

Now that everything is working, how do like that gimbal?

I have no complaints about the gimble. It greatly improves my videos!! But, my flight times have been reduced to 4-5 min with stock props. Seems kinda heavy for what it is. I'd like to find ways to reduce it's weight but concerned the internal gain values would screw up. My one other complaint is the pitch lever on the back of the radio is kinda cheezy. If you push it down slightly when in the up position, the gimble doesn't move. If you push a little more, it still doesn't move and then a little more and it moves 40 degrees almost straight down. Maybe there is some more calibration I could do there but I have other issues with the stock radio so I just ordered a FR Sky. But other than that, the gimble works great, no twitchy issues with it and the price was right.

My times have been about 7 min plus with the goodluckbuy gimbal (single battery Phantom v1.1.1) with stock landing gear, and at about 6 plus minutes with the new carbon fiber landing gear (pretty large rig from Infinity hobby) and the new 9" carbon fiber props (balanced)

I never bothered to weigh everything before and after (**** rookie mistake) but I am very happy with both times and performance of the entire set up for on location, short footage gathering. I find the GLB gimbal to provide the same capabilities as the zenmuse and arris bar operator and editor skills- and in the end, if it is solid footage you seek, then all the important nuances lay with one's photographic understanding and skill.

...just like anything else, be it motorsports or music, the equipment is not really a factor- an individual's talent is, and that is where I think I may be suffering a deficit. :mrgreen:

Would you guys fly in an airplane flown by a company called Good Luck Airlines?
Odd name.

Nvr2fst said:
Would you guys fly in an airplane flown by a company called Good Luck Airlines?
Odd name.

If it was Chinese, perhaps. I think you are missing the culture and translation... also, it ain't hard to look at the components used to make this device from the vendor I used, and they listed the board, firmware, etc. All of these gimbals in one form or fashion come down to basically the same components- brushless motors, a board with chips and a processor, some wires, connectrs, and the software engine to drive it.

They are all similar shits, just in different stalls. The only thing that MIGHT be new was that thread a week or so back where somebody came in here with a new piece of 3 axis hardware and made claims about a new program (software engine) that may or may not be worth a look- I haven't seen, or heard a word since.

I will pay a man for the day... just not the whole **** week. The GLB is only subtly different than the zenmuse as far as 2 axis goes imo- and better as it is standalone and not needing to be attached to the naza so I can pull it off and use it on mono-pods, or handheld rigs also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.