Connecting Goodluck Gimble

Reaction score
I'm sorry to ask this and I have searched all the extensive youtube vids but nobody clearly demonstrates how to connect the tilt control cable. Mine came seperated as well, not one fixed connector. I assume I connect to the F2 port on the Naza but just not sure of the order of cables there or on the gimble.

Thanks and again I did search for this.

gimble.jpg

On your gimble there will be a connector sticking out w/6pins. Look for the one that says V1 that one connects to your F2 top pin. Again at gimbal the very bottom one under V1 is ground that connects to bottom pin of F2

I don't have one of those gimbals yet, so I too am (still) stumped. Could I see some pics of this please?

Sorry, I sold mine and upgraded to a Zenmuse. Maybe OP can take some pics for you.

Also to Davek - make sure you go into assistant and turn gimbal option on (for tilt control)

Well I can't anything that says V1 on the gimble board. There are 2 sets of pins. 1 big 8 pin connector which has a ground label but again no V1 and then there's 2 pair of 3 pin outs on the front of the board. The board is labeled pitch and roll. I'm thinking I'm needing pitch and the bottom pin looks like it connect to big fat ground plain in the board itself. So I used top pin there to top pin of F2 and bottoms to bottoms. But I got nada. I did enable gimble control in Naza assistant. I don't need to open up transmitter..... do I? Sorry I'm an idiot!! The gimble works though. I was worried that wouldn't even happen correctly knowing chinese products.

gimble%20wire1.jpg

gimble%20wire2.jpg

Looking at the front at 2 pair of 3 pins - the pins to the left are the V1s (for your tilt option) It says Roll from bottom side but if you can see top you should be able to see V1 with gimbal mounted.

Here's the board itself and you'll see where it says pitch left and roll on the right. There is also a vcc label and I'm assuming that's the top pin. But is there anything inside the transmitter I need to do to make the lever in back work?

gimble%20board.jpg

Ok looking at your photo 2 sets of 3 pins - use left set - (Pitch side) bottom pin there goes to top of F2, top pin board goes to bottom pin F2

EMCSQUAR said:
Ok looking at your photo 2 sets of 3 pins - use left set - (Pitch side) bottom pin there goes to top of F2, top pin board goes to bottom pin F2

Cool... that worked! but now it's looking up mostly. I'll go back in to naza and what I can futz with

thanks again btw!!

Have any idea why servo limits are set to +-1000? I readjusted center position to my liking but want more movement. I have more available so why not?

Do the cal for it in the assistant - run it through the full range of lever

Did you order a specific model from the website? I saw they have have a new model out but not sure which direction to head.

Go to Assistant -> Basic -> Rc on right hand side is stick calibration. Click start move gimbal lever back and forth full throw then click finish.

EMCSQUAR said:
Go to Assistant -> Basic -> Rc on right hand side is stick calibration. Click start move gimbal lever back and forth full throw then click finish.

Wow! Thanks for being patient with me. I'm all set. In fact, I had to narrow the min max travel limits as it was pitching almost 360 after that cal. I had to set the max travel to only 50 and left min at -1000 to get a 90 degree pitch.

Thanks again!

Not a problem

Davek said:
EMCSQUAR said:

Wow! Thanks for being patient with me. I'm all set. In fact, I had to narrow the min max travel limits as it was pitching almost 360 after that cal. I had to set the max travel to only 50 and left min at -1000 to get a 90 degree pitch.

Thanks again!

Now that everything is working, how do like that gimbal?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie