Connecting a Feelworld PVR1032 monitor in RF mode

Reaction score
Yesterday I received a Feelworld PVR1032 FPV monitor, bought specifically to be connected to my DJI Phantom 3 in RF mode.
But it does not seem to work because the Feelworld does not detect the signal of the P3!
The only way for now to have something workable is to connect the monitor to the console of the Phantom 3 with an HDMI cable (yes, I have an HDMI output).
The Feelworld manual is poor and in bad English.
My question : has someone managed to have the Feelworld capture in RF mode the P3 signal?
If yes, how do you, please?

Hi Bucho
I suspect the problem is that your receiver is looking for an analogue signal in the 5.8 ghz spectrum, however the video feed from the P3Pro is Lightbridge which is a Digital signal, so the two are incompatible as far as I understand it... sorry I could be wrong, but I dont think so.
Waylander

Reactions: Digdat0
Yesterday I received a Feelworld PVR1032 FPV monitor, bought specifically to be connected to my DJI Phantom 3 in RF mode.
But it does not seem to work because the Feelworld does not detect the signal of the P3!
The only way for now to have something workable is to connect the monitor to the console of the Phantom 3 with an HDMI cable (yes, I have an HDMI output).
The Feelworld manual is poor and in bad English.
My question : has someone managed to have the Feelworld capture in RF mode the P3 signal?
If yes, how do you, please?

Are you saying that any one with a monitor can tap video stream?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hi alokbhargava

I think the OP is saying that he has the HDMI, adaptor on his RC, that's how he is viewing the Video Feed, (is that what you meant in your post).... I do not think that he can receive the Lightbridge video stream, because it is a digital signal not analogue one. ( someone correct me if I'm wrong ). :)
Waylander

That's why I was pleasantly surprised to discover, in the video that Feelworld posted on YouTube:
The monitor - apparently plugged into the radio console of the Phantom 3 - can perfectly capture the video sent by the drone.
How they managed to do that: that's what I vainly sought.

In this other video published by a third party:
we see that the monitor can capture the video stream of a drone (with an additional device Arkbird OSD.?).

But this video is even more explicit:
Here, the Feelworld PVR1032 is not connected by a cable to the steering console of the drone and yet it perfectly captures the video stream!
It is said that the drone is a DJI Phantom 2!

That's why I was pleasantly surprised to discover, in the video that Feelworld posted on YouTube:
The monitor - apparently plugged into the radio console of the Phantom 3 - can perfectly capture the video sent by the drone.
How they managed to do that: that's what I vainly sought.

In this other video published by a third party:
we see that the monitor can capture the video stream of a drone (with an additional device Arkbird OSD.?).

But this video is even more explicit:
Here, the Feelworld PVR1032 is not connected by a cable to the steering console of the drone and yet it perfectly captures the video stream!
It is said that the drone is a DJI Phantom 2!

Yes they may well say that... the video looks like the telemetry that you get from the HDMI port of a modified P3P RC unit, they also say that that the Drone that the video is connected to is a Phantom 2, but the standard P2 did not even have a camera, and a lot of the P2's had a Gopro and an ImmersionRC TX attached to them.

Yes there are DJI devices that you can attach on to a P2 to transmit telemetry, but it is not the same info or display that you get from the P3P lightbridge signal, analogue and digital streams are not the same thing.

Nowhere in the video did I see a Phantom 2 or 3 in the same shot as the monitor, the monitor's seen in the video all had antennas attached to them which would enable the diversity receiver in the monitor to latch on to a RF signal, but that type of signal is analogue, one shot even shows the Frequency range that could be selected.

But the P3P video feed is a Digital signal superimposed onto a 5.8 Ghz RF carrier frequency, so whilst the monitor might be able to lock onto the carrier frequency it would not be able to interpret the digitally encoded signal form the lightbridge TX of a P3P, sorry........

Waylander

Thank you for all these very technical information.
You will agree that these videos can be misleading, as a non-informed pilot can make the mistake of believing that the video stream of a P3P will be picked up by the Feelword monitor.
I will try to argue that this product does not meet my expectations, I will request reimbursement.

Furthermore I have a Yunnec Typhoon H whose video signal is transmitted at 5.8 GHz; this drone is currently in operation abroad, I can not check: do you think the Feelworld should work well it?

Thanks again.

Thank you for all these very technical information.
You will agree that these videos can be misleading, as a non-informed pilot can make the mistake of believing that the video stream of a P3P will be picked up by the Feelword monitor.
I will try to argue that this product does not meet my expectations, I will request reimbursement.

Furthermore I have a Yunnec Typhoon H whose video signal is transmitted at 5.8 GHz; this drone is currently in operation abroad, I can not check: do you think the Feelworld should work well it?

Thanks again.

Hi Bucho

Thanks for your comments, everyone here on the forum will try to help if they can, unfortunately the Yunnec Typhoon H, also transmits it's signal in a digital format so I very much doubt that the monitor will pick up that signal either, sorry my friend, but there you are, I would advise that you always try the forum for advise before you buy if you are not sure, there are some very knowledgeable guys ( not me :) ) on here who will try and help if they can.
Regards
Waylander

Hi Bucho

Thanks for your comments, everyone here on the forum will try to help if they can, unfortunately the Yunnec Typhoon H, also transmits it's signal in a digital format so I very much doubt that the monitor will pick up that signal either, sorry my friend, but there you are, I would advise that you always try the forum for advise before you buy if you are not sure, there are some very knowledgeable guys ( not me :) ) on here who will try and help if they can.
Regards
Waylander
Thank you again for clarification.
Also thank you for the tip, so in the future I will probably ask questions before buying but be aware that I have always managed to make me fully repaid the amount of my purchases when, at its reception I find a product is not consistent with the use that I expected.

Thank you again for clarification.
Also thank you for the tip, so in the future I will probably ask questions before buying but be aware that I have always managed to make me fully repaid the amount of my purchases when, at its reception I find a product is not consistent with the use that I expected.

Good for you Bucho... I think you are right to make vendors stand up to their product claims....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20