connecticut

Reaction score
hi Bristol ct here looking for other flyers I also fly rc airplanes and full size

any one flying after the storm this weekend

I got a P3P for Christmas and have a few flites since then but it has been pretty cold lately. I live in Thomaston and will be flying when the wind dies down maybe after the coming storm

I got a P3P for Christmas and have a few flites since then but it has been pretty cold lately. I live in Thomaston and will be flying when the wind dies down maybe after the coming storm
nice a p3p for Christmas lucky you the wind should be pretty mello sunday afternoon and monday

Hi Southington here. Just received my P3A 2 weeks ago. Only been able to use it last weekend. No sunny days yet for me :-( I typically fly at the Southington drive in. Where do you go in Bristol?

Hi Southington here. Just received my P3A 2 weeks ago. Only been able to use it last weekend. No sunny days yet for me :-( I typically fly at the Southington drive in. Where do you go in Bristol?
I fly at all state and town parks schools lakes every where I bring it with me to work a lot. Southington drive in hmm is this the guy I sold a edf jet to off ebay about 2 weeks ago he said he flys there

I fly at all state and town parks schools lakes every where I bring it with me to work a lot. Southington drive in hmm is this the guy I sold a edf jet to off ebay about 2 weeks ago he said he flys there

No that wasn't me. The P3A is my very first RC device. Interesting though, this weekend at the drive in I did see somebody flying a plane. Wonder if that was him.

Didn't think of flying at the drive in may give it a try when things warm up. I see Byron you fly at state parks, I live near Black Rock State Park and checked the DEEP website befor flying only to find out that they no longer allow flying in state parks as of December 15th. I also just read in th Waterbury Republican that the Audubon Society of CT also restricted their 19 locations to no drones as they uproot species.

Connecticut Audubon Society bans drones at sanctuaries Republican American

DEEP: Use of Remote Controlled Aircraft or "Drones"

The state parks and the Audubon don't own the airspace a by law can't tell you not to fly

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I agree but believe the property owners feel differently. I would think they can't stop you from flying into the park. But would imagine they can restrict takeoff and landing in a state park. I hope they change the ruling to be consistent with the law then

I agree but believe the property owners feel differently. I would think they can't stop you from flying into the park. But would imagine they can restrict takeoff and landing in a state park. I hope they change the ruling to be consistent with the law then

Have you found a place to fly, GW? I'm thinking about using BRS ballfield. Not sure if that will present a problem.

I live across the street from BRS and have flown from the high school back parking lot in the past. I have never had an issue there, I think you would be fine flying there. Now I fly directly from the house but have flown to that area and over Black Rock State park and Mattatuck State forest both from the school and my home. If you go to fly post it here and I will try to stop by and say hello.

Didn't think of flying at the drive in may give it a try when things warm up. I see Byron you fly at state parks, I live near Black Rock State Park and checked the DEEP website befor flying only to find out that they no longer allow flying in state parks as of December 15th. I also just read in th Waterbury Republican that the Audubon Society of CT also restricted their 19 locations to no drones as they uproot species.

Connecticut Audubon Society bans drones at sanctuaries Republican American

DEEP: Use of Remote Controlled Aircraft or "Drones"

I understand their concerns, But to do a cross the board ban is a bit much, They should do an altitude restriction, this way the wild life wont be scared.

Hi All, Shelton here... P3A

I'm finding the same resistance to flying in some areas. The general consensus is that most places are not allowing you to launch or land (That would be trespassing), BUT the FAA says you can overfly them.

However I was off RT 58/136 at the Fairfield Hemlock Reservoir and a DEEP agent informed me (all of them have been very nice) that even though I launched from a public road, I was committing an act of aerial trespassing.

There are a few small parks beside the Housatonic River (across from Wooster Island) on River Road(RT 110) that don't have any DEEP agents as it has an upper parking lot and you can walk down to the two or three benches at the riverside. It's easy to miss as the parking lot holds maybe 6 or 8 cars.

What the FAA says, and what DEEP/Audubon seem to be in conflict, but I've found if you ask if it's OK to fly in something other than private property, the answer most likely is no. :(

Last edited:
Hello everyone I'm from FL, I will be flying into CT July 11-17, looking to fly my drone. Hit me up, I don't know where to fly at open to meeting up and flying and suggestions.

Canterbury here! Like the pic 09victoryrc!! I have a built up 97

Reactions: 09victoryrc

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl