connect data link and fpv

Reaction score
Hello!
Trying to figure out how to connect these things. Is this ok?
/Jonas

image.jpg

I'm pretty sure you don't need the GCU in a P2 when adding the Zenmuse, that's already built in to the Phantom's main board.

Eliminating the GCU will also allow you to get rid of the CANBUS hub.

What you need to install all that neatly is this: http://www.dji.com/info/releases/dji-re ... -phantom-2

Most DJI dealers have that item, usually ~$12, it comes with all the cables you need to connect all your DJI FPV gear.

jonteman said:
Thanks I have seen it. But before I get it does it work as on my pic?
Jonas

Are you asking if the Hub will work with your components, or if the picture above will work as it is (without the hub)?

The hub will work with the components you have there...in fact that's exactly what it was designed for (a clean way to connect all the DJI-brand FPV components).

I don't know if the setup you pictured there will work exactly as it is (since the GCU isn't needed), but that's how people who use it all on a platform other than the Phantom have to connect everything, so technically it should be ok...just a lot of wasted space and weight.

Will the datalink also transmit your video back for Pv2 and you don't have to use the wifi?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

antonbdp said:
Will the datalink also transmit your video back for Pv2 and you don't have to use the wifi?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Nope, Datalink/Groundstation doesn't transmit video, and it's not compatible with the P2V anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1