Confusion regarding P2 versions

Reaction score
Sorry for the newbie question but I am about to to pull the trigger on the P2 + h3-3d from B+H and wanted to make sure I am getting the right thing. In another post I read ".......built for the h3-3d...." in reference to a P2.

So has there been a physical change in the P2 or is the change just a firmware change?

mtbin2 said:
Sorry for the newbie question but I am about to to pull the trigger on the P2 + h3-3d from B+H and wanted to make sure I am getting the right thing. In another post I read ".......built for the h3-3d...." in reference to a P2.

So has there been a physical change in the P2 or is the change just a firmware change?

It is the right thing.
Reference is made to the newly released H3-3D gimbal.
There was a recent firmware change which you can easily do via the P2's software assistant.
However, No physical changes have been done to the P2.

Tony...

tonben said:
mtbin2 said:

It is the right thing.
There was a recent firmware change which you can easily do via the P2's software assistant.

Tony...
Yes the P2 has been physically changed. There is a change to the bottom from what I have read. No one actually has one in hand to verify, but the bottom of the shell is different for sure.

If you are preordering the package, you are good to go.

There is a larger rounder hole on the bottom just where the Zenmuse mounts...it allows for the 3rd axis motor to fit into the recess...

In case anyone was wondering, there will be an adapter for existing P2 owners:

Zenmuse_H3-D3_P2-adapter.png

Jaybee said:
In case anyone was wondering, there will be an adapter for existing P2 owners:

Zenmuse_H3-D3_P2-adapter.png

I am wondering with this adapter if it will put the GoPro lower, so if you rotated down while on the ground the GoPro lens would hit the gournd. Also have they came out with pricing just fot the gimbal and bracket yet? I have heard $469 to $499.

CJ31 said:
tonben said:
mtbin2 said:

It is the right thing.

Tony...
Yes the P2 has been physically changed. There is a change to the bottom from what I have read. No one actually has one in hand to verify, but the bottom of the shell is different for sure.

If you are preordering the package, you are good to go.

oooops!!!

I stand corrected on the P2 changes

Thanks all…….

I confirmed with B+H that if you order the P2 / h3-3D bundle, that they indeed ship the new physically updated P2.

ianwood said:

+ a good soldering iron... the only two things a P2 owner needs :)

I believe with the dremel its very easy to do the modification.

Στάλθηκε από το Nexus 10 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

gppms said:
I believe with the dremel its very easy to do the modification.

If you factor-in the need to disassemble the whole thing and remove the guts it's actually not that easy... that's a time-consuming job.

Anyway, what's the point when they will be providing an adapter to retro fit it.

I did that many times.And i believe it is not necesery to remove all the guts of the phantom.

Actually you wouldn't need to do all that, ignore me! Still,
there will be an adapter though.

There may possibly be some other changes. We don't know until someone cracks it open and compares it to a version 1 of the P2.

There were a lot of changes between the first version of Phantom 1 and the Phantom 1.1.1 and DJI never really mentioned the changes. They just kept selling it like it was a version 1.

There are not any other changes just the base of the gimbal its diferent.

gppms said:
There are not any other changes just the base of the gimbal its diferent.

do you have version 2?

No a friend of mine bought it and told me that.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik