Confusion over signal strength???? Please help....

Reaction score
My P3S has been behaving perfectly since I received it early in November last year. I do a lot of my flying in an open rural area, away from conflicting wi-fi signals. I have been able to go out over 1000m before losing signal.

On Saturday morning I did a POI flight with no issues at all. On Sunday morning I tried to fly another POI flight about 6Km from the flight the day before. I have previously flown at both locations with no problems. Well, the Sunday morning flight I got up and over my POI, I then backed away to the radius I needed, which was flying further away from where I was. Once the bird got to about 50m from me, I got the "signal lost" and RTH started. After numerous attempts to fly it out further, nothing worked, I even got lost signal at between 2 and 5m sometimes. While flying away at almost full throttle the bird would stop when signal was lost and then continue a second or two later. After a few attempts I thought it best to stop trying and figure out what was causing this.

I have just checked all the flights on Healthy Drone and in all of the flights my signal strength was in the green with no indication of weak signal.

Can someone please tell me what is going on, I am confused!!! Thanks.

My P3S has been behaving perfectly since I received it early in November last year. I do a lot of my flying in an open rural area, away from conflicting wi-fi signals. I have been able to go out over 1000m before losing signal.

On Saturday morning I did a POI flight with no issues at all. On Sunday morning I tried to fly another POI flight about 6Km from the flight the day before. I have previously flown at both locations with no problems. Well, the Sunday morning flight I got up and over my POI, I then backed away to the radius I needed, which was flying further away from where I was. Once the bird got to about 50m from me, I got the "signal lost" and RTH started. After numerous attempts to fly it out further, nothing worked, I even got lost signal at between 2 and 5m sometimes. While flying away at almost full throttle the bird would stop when signal was lost and then continue a second or two later. After a few attempts I thought it best to stop trying and figure out what was causing this.

I have just checked all the flights on Healthy Drone and in all of the flights my signal strength was in the green with no indication of weak signal.

Wow on the range for std,,had something similar on p34k ,,going forward stoppin goin forward stoppin quite violently ,,something was interfering bad with wifi,,tryed reloadin app etc,even try relinking

How did you sort it out, or did it come right by itself?
Na never really came right so i put cheap argtec booster on,,it did help,,but yours had something goin on to just suddenly happen,, reading p3 info now and it not say nothin,,all i can think of is reinstalling dji ,,might sort that bug out;)

Maybe check the cable from the wifi download module to the camera as it is a flexing cable and can break. I can simulate loss of connection and reconnect by disconnecting the camera gimble cable.

Maybe check the cable from the wifi download module to the camera as it is a flexing cable and can break. I can simulate loss of connection and reconnect by disconnecting the camera gimble cable.

Does that cable carry the video feed? I never lost video feed at all, it was control signal that went, I could still see the video feed on my phone.

As you found out - with loss of control link - RTH kicks in ...

Its unusual to have it so close losing link - video yes but control ? Not usually.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj