Confused...

Reaction score
Finally, I decided to buy Phantom 2, mostly because I think that GoPro is superior compared with DJI Phantom Vision camera. I was searching a lot through DJI page, and through various review pages, and now I am a bit confused!
If I buy DJI Phantom 2 with H3-2D gimbal, do I need some extra equipment for the flying / controlling gopro camera? Basically, I didn't understand the role of the IPad (as is illustrated on the dji web). Also, how to 'control' gopro from the ground? Do I need any additional equipment for normal flying, taking videos / photos....?
I am sorry if my questions are banal, but I am absolutely new in the field of quadrocopters....

Thank you and regards from Zagreb
D'Art

The only control you'll have over the camera is the tilt angle of the gimbal. You'll need to power on the camera and press the record button before you take off to start the GoPro recording. Once you land you stop the recording with the button on the camera.

The stuff you are seeing on the ipad isn't for control of the camera. It will be to control the copter itself. Currently those features are not enabled.

With the Phantom 2, the gimbal, and the GoPro, you will have what you need to get started.

There are a lot of add-ons that you may want to look at, up front or later.

If you want to see what the GoPro is filming while in the air, you will need some sort of FPV solution. This consists of a transmitter that is attached to the copter, plugged in to the GoPro and wirelessly sends the video feed to a receiver on the ground with you. This receiver is either a part of or is plugged in to a monitor (goggles or screen).

Another option is to install a device on the copter that will send flight data over the same video feed, overlaying on top of the video information like altitude, battery life, heading, etc.

Coming soon, and it looks awesome, is the Ground Station control that will allow you to use an iPad to control the device, flying it to specific points on a map.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31