confused.com

djt

Reaction score
Hi All,
Just purchased a dji vision phantom 2 plus, read all the manuals and watched the YouTube videos. Took it out yesterday and it flew and handled like a dream. However I remain confused with a few issues,

1) what do the S1 & S2 switches do, I have them both set on position 1.

2) NASA? Not sure what this does or if i need it? I have uploaded the software to my Mac and have updated the firmware on the Phantom and the controller.
Then when I try to connect to NASA the software, the software asks me to "connect the controller" when I do this nothing happens however if I connect the Phantom to the Mac via a USB I am able to connect to the Naza programme,. Should I use this NASA programme and add the IOC software etc...,or revert back to the Phantom settings?

Help appreciated
Dave
UK

S1 out of the box is used to calibrate compass and switches the unit from GPS fully auto mode to ATTI mode (middle position).

S2 does nothing unless you enable NAZA-M mode with the assistant software.

Think of NAZA-M as additional functions and not a different mode. Both switches up and it flies normal.

NAZA-M just adds a return home feature to bottom position of your right switch and course lock and home lock to your left S2 switch. Google home lock and course lock for more info.

djt said:
Hi All,
Just purchased a dji vision phantom 2 plus, read all the manuals and watched the YouTube videos. Took it out yesterday and it flew and handled like a dream. However I remain confused with a few issues,

1) what do the S1 & S2 switches do, I have them both set on position 1.

2) NASA? Not sure what this does or if i need it? I have uploaded the software to my Mac and have updated the firmware on the Phantom and the controller.
Then when I try to connect to NASA the software, the software asks me to "connect the controller" when I do this nothing happens however if I connect the Phantom to the Mac via a USB I am able to connect to the Naza programme,. Should I use this NASA programme and add the IOC software etc...,or revert back to the Phantom settings?

Help appreciated
Dave
UK

NASA mode allows you to go to the moon. Really though, you should read the manual. It answers all of these questions and and many more that are vital to yours and your Phantom's safety.

Sidebox, what manual? I don't remember my manual talking about NASA-M mode at all. But will look at it again.

Ive been having a bad day but this really made me laugh. Thanks!

PS: The Phantom manual is very poorly written with numerous grammatical errors that can make it difficult to understand. I read i front to back about 7 or 8 times before my first flight.

One small step...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31